Job Title: Infrastructure Assistant – Enabel Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Enabel Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala with frequent travel to the field.
Contract: 1st July to 30th December 2020. (5 Months)
Enabel, the Belgian development agency, together with different Government Ministries, are implementing the bilateral co-operation between Uganda & Belgium. In the framework of the Teacher Training and Education Project (TTE) project implemented by the Ministry of Education & Sports and Enabel in Uganda, One (1) Infrastructure- Assistant will be recruited with the role described below.
The successful candidate will work under the supervision of the NTA-Infrastructure Expert of the TTE Project.
Enabel will offer a gross salary package between UGX 2,100,000 and UGX 2,200,000 medical insurance and a 13th Month package paid in December. Salary is according to the years of experience.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Results area 1: As Documentation Reviewer.
• Study, analyses and document existing policies regarding student and staff accommodation in the education sector, nationally (specifically In National Teachers’ Colleges) and internationally,
• Study, analyses and document the layouts of the existing infrastructure for student and staff accommodation and available standard designs for the same to assess the functionality. Sustainability, maintenance aspects and environmental impact.
• Study, analyses and document costs related with the management of student and staff accommodation in the education sector, taking NTCs as a case study.
• Study and document experiences and lessons from other public sectors regarding staff and other stakeholder accommodation
• Study and document stakeholders’ experiences and lessons on student and staff accommodation. These include but are not limited to students, staff, top management and the construction management Unit (CML of MoES).
• Keep complete administration (both hard and soft copies) of all documentation related to the above activities
Results area 2: As Knowledge Manager:
• Develop guidelines for student and staff accommodation in Teacher Training Colleges
• Develop alternative accommodation strategies for the Ministry of Education as an option for future projects. This to include and not be limited to: strategies in management of allocation, expenses, utilities and maintenance and design sketches
• Prepare sketches or drawings and specifications of alternative accommodation facilities for student and staff addressing gaps and promoting smart design and behavioral change.
• Research alternative durable construction materials and design pilot projects:
• Contribute to the reporting and lay-out of project results and lessons learned
Results area 3: As Networker:
• Work in close collaboration with the Construction Management Unit of the Ministry of Education and Sports
• Support in introducing State of the Art sustainable architecture and energy efficiency principles into MOES guidelines and strategies
Results area 4: As infrastructure expert:
• Support in organizing the infrastructure activities, including capacity development and awareness-raising, with a special focus on involving the teacher training Institutions in the execution of works and maintenance activities:
• Join site visits during rehabilitation construction work as may be required.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering Architecture or any other Infrastructure related field;
- Additional Training in Construction designs and Management is of an added advantage Minimum Profile and Specifications:
- A Minimum of 2 years’ experience in design and follow-up of construction Works:
- Experience in designing for Education is an asset
- Experience in sustainable infrastructure design and energy-efficient designs is an asset;
- Experience in preparing publications: lessons learnt, guidelines.
- Soft soils such as to work in a team, to work autonomously, etc.
- Good communicator and team-Player:
How To Apply for Enabel Uganda Jobs 2020 – Infrastructure Assistant:
Interested applicants should submit their hard copy applications including a cover letter, curriculum vitae (CV) of 4 pages maximum and copies of relevant academic documents with names of at least 3 professional referees, their emails and telephone contacts to:
Human Resource Officer
Enabel – Belgian development agency
Plot 1B Lower Kololo Terrace
P.O. Box 46131, Kampala
Send in your application not later than Friday 12th June,2020 at Spm
Deadline of this Job: 12 June 2020