Job Title: Supply Chain Assistant – IRC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Lamwo, Uganda
International Refugee Committee (IRC) Profile:
The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. It was created by Albert Einstein more than 80 years and has been working in Uganda since 1998. It has particularly working in the conflict zones where tens of thousands of people have been kills and over 1.6 million displaced. Following a peace agreement in 2006, Ugandans are returning home and looking to rebuild their lives.
The Supply Chain Assistant is responsible for field office procurements and non-pharmaceutical inventory of IRC/Donor, managing all paperwork/records related to the tracking of all inventory. Under the direct supervision of the Supply Chain Manager, the Supply Chain Assistant must be able to rapidly turn program materials around, whilst ensuring the security/safety of the materials and maintaining audit-compliant records. The Supply Chain Assistant shall dedicate appropriate time to all the two distinct roles.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The implementation and/or maintenance of standard IRC procurement policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that procurement is carried out in accordance to IRC and donor-specific polices.
- Attend all the procurement committee meetings.
- Coordination with Finance, Admin and program departments to ensure integrated internal controls, by raising timely payment requests for all vendor invoices with fully auditable supportive documentations submitted to Finance.
- Ensuring that a transparent and responsive procurement process is implemented and maintained.
- Routine communication, coordination, planning with the relevant staff/programs regarding the order and delivery of supplies.
- Ensuring that all supplies, services and equipment required are delivered in time.
- Establishment and maintenance of ethical, professional working relationships with suppliers.
- Follow-up with staff to ensure certificate of completion (CoC) and attendance registers are obtained to support expedite vendor invoice payments.
- Support and provide the appropriate trainings for procurement and program staff as required.
Inventory Control & Management
- Receive non-pharmaceutical inventory supplies delivered by vendors and preparing delivery Reports matching the PO, supplier delivery notes and Invoice.
- Maintain non-pharma inventory store/admin store and update all inventory tools to ensure proper tracking of inventory-in and out of the store
- Prepare waybills and gate pass for any goods that leave store/office
- Prepare and submit inventory reports weekly and end month
- Support Admin to prepare consumption reports for all facilities including office to inform replenishments are approved
- Any other duties or tasked as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Business Administration/Financial Accounting or Logistics related field.
- A professional qualification like CIPS UK is an added advantage.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in Procurement or Supply chain work-related activities in a multi-cultural environment with INGO experience.
- Fluent in English (Written and spoken).
- Strong sense of personal integrity and commitment.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit and problem-solving abilities.
- Remains productive when under pressure.
- Demonstrates a systematic and efficient approach to work.
- Knowledge of generic Supply Chain management systems and forms.
- Should be able to lift 10-20kg weight off and onto shelves.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Competent in computer (Microsoft Office Word and Excel spreadsheets; Outlook).
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and time management skills.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2020 – Supply Chain Assistant:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply by using the “Apply Now” button below.
Deadline of this Job: 05th June 2020