Job Title: Project Assistant / Database Officer – Abt Associates Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Abt Associates Uganda
Location: Kampala, Uganda.
Abt Associates Uganda Profile:
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Database Officer to support the VectorLink project in Uganda.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participates in the data collection, cleaning and reporting in accordance with the project’s M&E plan
- Collects, analyzes, and presents program data for project staff, partners, counterparts, and donors
- Contributes to the project’s work in HMIS, and in linking country-level HMIS to project monitoring and evaluation, as appropriate
- Assists in the regular monitoring of project implementation against established targets and objectives, including supervising data collectors in the field and data entry clerks at data centers
- Supports periodic internal data quality assessments (DQAs) and prepares the project for possible external DQAs to ensure validity, integrity, precision, reliability and timeliness of all performance data, identifying gaps and suggesting corrective actions on time
- Supports the filing and documentation of all SOPs, guidelines and tools
- Communicates changes in structural database designs, implementations and improvements as may be deemed appropriate from the M&E team
- Any other duties as may be assigned
- At least 3 years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
How To Apply for Abt Associates Uganda Jobs 2020 – Project Assistant:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should submit their applications online via the link below:
Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: Open until filled.