Job Title: Administration Officer – Danish Refugee Council Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Danish Refugee Council
Report to: Country HR/Admin Manager
Danish Refugee Council Uganda Profile:
DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels in light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
DRC is an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics.
To manage DRC administration with day to day tasks ensuring proper functioning and management of office, guest house and residences are to the required standard. Service contract, Tenancy agreements and stores are well managed. Directly working with the cleaners and housekeepers on their tasks to ensure compliance. Guest’s handling and finally the job holder shall be the face of the organization.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Office, CD residence and guest house management
- Responsible for proper functioning of the Country office, guest house and CD residence in Kampala.
- Ensure that all premises are in good shape, and proactively advise on changes or improvements to be done.
- Ensure that garbage disposal, sewerage emptying is done in a timely manner.
- Be the custodian of office guest house and CD residence key spares.
- Maintain an inventory list on the keys distribution and update this on a monthly basis and share the keys register on a quarterly.
- Take charge of installing First aid kit refills for Kampala office, guesthouses, and residences on quarterly or when need arises and coordinate with the field offices on timely refills.
Service contract and Lease management
- Monitor all service tracking sheets i.e. rental tracker, expatriate housing cost tracker, payments tracker, flights tracker, EU volunteer cost tracker, office rentals, MOU’s and registrations trackers, First aid refill schedules etc. And follow up on renewal of contracts 1 month before the expiry date.
- Manage all administration service related contracts and leases, inform in advance the supply chain team on the expiry of leases and service contracts and ensure that a renewal is ready two weeks before the expiry date.
- Update the contracts follow up sheet on a monthly basis and submit a monthly report to the Country HR/Admin Manager.
- Oversee consumable and stationary stores management, restocking office consumables and supplies, monitoring consumption and stocks and reviewing stock reconciliations as required.
- Ensure that the stores are in good condition and items are properly coded and stored in an orderly manner.
- Follow up on proper applicability of staff travel policy for DRC staff in Uganda
- Oversee all flight travel bookings for staff and ensure that all travel grievances are resolved in a timely manner.
- Offer all advisory on immigration visas as required from time to time.
- Reconcile and process payments to the service providers in relation to your docket as soon as the invoices are received.
Petty cash management
- Maintain the administration petty cash float and carry out weekly petty cash reconciliations with the Country HR/Admin Manager.
- Prepare the cash projections for the Department as and when required.
- Manage timely airtime disbursements to staff phone numbers in liaison with the service provider for prepaid and postpaid.
- Ensure compliance to the communication policy in regards to airtime administration.
- Offer direct supervision to all cleaners, House keepers and Gardener at Kampala office, guesthouse and Country Director’s residence.
- A minimum of 3-years.
- A degree in Human Resource, Business Administration, Humanities or related field
- No experience required
- Excellent communication in English both written and oral.
- Knowledge of MS office applications
- Excellent Communication skills in English required. Fluency in local languages would be an asset.
How To Apply for Danish Refugee Council Uganda Jobs – Administration Officer:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should submit their applications online via the link below:
Deadline: 14th June 2020.