Job Title: Administrative Assistant – US Embassy Jobs 2020
Organisation: United States US Embassy, US Mission in Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Position Number: Kampala-2020-024
US Embassy Uganda Profile:
The United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Deborah R. Malac currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
The incumbent serves as Administrative Assistant/Office Manager in the Health Unit in Kampala. Responsible for making patient appointments, writing cables, processing travel vouchers and maintain patient medical records. Works closely with HRO on all new US Mission LE staff. Ensures the pre-employment medical exams scheduled and done in a timely manner.
The applicants for the United States US Embassy Administrative Assistant job opportunity should have completed two years of college.
- At least two years of full-time experience as an office manager in a medical environment with increasing responsibility is required.
- Must have a working knowledge of basic office equipment such as fax machines and computers.
- Must have strong telephone answering skills.
- The incumbent must know the importance of prompt and timely healthcare.
- Deep understanding of local medical resources as appropriate for Embassy patient population.
- Must be able to type a minimum of 50 wpm.
- Must be able to design a database to meet the ongoing needs of the office.
- Must be comfortable with MS Excel and Word.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have highly developed organizational and time management problem-solving skills and habits. This may be tested.
- Good working knowledge in English reading/writing/speaking is required. This may be tested.
How to Apply for US Embassy Jobs 2020 – Administrative Assistant:
All those interested in working with the US mission in Kampala should send their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 18th June 2020