Job Title: 2 Project Officers – Amref Health Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Amref Health Africa Uganda
Duty Station: Kyotera and Mutukula
Amref Health Africa Profile:
Amref Health Africa was founded in 1957 by three surgeons as the Flying Doctors of East Africa. Three doctors – Sir Michael Wood, Sir Archibald McIndoe and Tom Rees – drew up a plan to provide medical care in East Africa, where they had all worked for many years as reconstructive surgeons. Amref Health Africa, headquartered in Kenya, is the largest Africa based international Non-Governmental Organisation (INGO) currently running programs in over 35 countries in Africa with lessons learnt over 60 years of engagement with governments, communities and partners to increase sustainable health access in Africa. Amref Health Africa also incorporates programme development, fundraising, partnership, advocacy, monitoring and evaluation, and has offices in Europe and North America as well as subsidiaries; AMREF Flying Doctors, Amref Enterprises and the Amref International University.
To provide technical expertise and support in project activity, strategy development and implementation at the county level.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical input and oversight in the technical design, development and implementation of the WASH component of the Covid-19 Transform program.
- Provide technical advice to the Program coordinator on all WASH and Environmental Health priorities and issues in the COVID-19 Transform program.
- Represent the COVID-19 Transform program at the county and national level amongst MOH officials and WASH stakeholders involved in the COVID 19 response to strengthen networks and partnerships at both county and National levels.
- Coordinate and participate in planning and implementation of WASH project activities.
- Participate in preparation of work plans and progress weekly, monthly as per programme and donor requirements.
- Provide quality control for WASH interventions.
- Participate in development of knowledge products to promote learning on WASH in a pandemic emergency response.
- Provide technical input in development and implementation of WASH capacity building interventions at national and county levels.
- Participate in support supervision activities individually and in collaboration with national and county MOH stakeholders.
- Identify new program opportunities through rapid assessments and proposal development inputs and writing as needed.
- Provide technical support in the development and writing of new concepts and proposals for fundraising.
- Work closely with the M&E officer in provision of weekly updates highlighting potential bottlenecks and lessons learnt.
- Regularly assess and provide feedback and recommendations on the quality of WASH programmes and interventions.
• Bachelors’ degree in Development Studies, community health, social works and administration or their equivalent with advanced knowledge of water, sanitation and hygiene engineering.
• Training in the use of a variety of water equipment including emergency mobile water treatment and storage unit, hygiene and sanitation kits, water treatment chemicals, design of boreholes, rehabilitation of hand-dug wells, pipelines with basic knowledge of treatment of sewages as well as concrete storages.
• At least 3 years’ relevant work experience in implementation of WASH projects and experience in project implementation, management, design and planning.
• Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
How To Apply for A Uganda Jobs 2020:
Please send an updated CV including three work-related referees and cover letter addressed to the Human Resources Business Partner, Amref Health Africa in Uganda through firstname.lastname@example.org
Emails should not exceed 2MB.
Only online applications will be considered.
Deadline: June 17, 2020.