Job Title: iOS Developer – SafeBoda Jobs 2020
Job Location: Remote or Onsite
SafeBoda is a super-app platform that is revolutionizing transportation, payments and on-demand services in Africa’s cities.
Operating in Uganda, Kenya and Nigeria, we are the first African transportation and fintech app that is already having a huge impact for millions in East Africa.
At the click of a button, SafeBoda provides a safe, more convenient, mobile-first alternative to urban transportation for Africa’s booming young population.
Our Product&Tech Team
In order to develop the best products, we believe that diversity and shared knowledge are key, that’s why currently we have Headquarters in the heart of Kampala with Head of Product and most of the engineers; part of the team located in Spain with the VP of Engineering; few engineers working remotely from different locations.
Any new candidate can decide where to live and work while contributing to our mission. Our Product & Engineering team is currently represented by 18 different countries and we expect more coming up!
You will be part of a passionate team that will invite you to be part of our family.
We are looking for an experienced iOS Developer to keep building and maintain one of the best apps in the East African market. The goal is to assure the high quality of our operations and services aiming at the long-term success of our business.The ideal candidate will work for hand in hand with our Engineering Managers (backend and Mobile) and Product Owners located in Barcelona, Madrid, Kampala, Nairobi and Ibadan.
At SafeBoda we always try to work with the latest technology and we are obsessed with the user experience. Our framework is scrum and we have divided the Product Team in 4 Teams: Driver App (Android), Passenger App (Android and iOS Apps), Internal Portal and API Team.
- Experience with SOLID, Clean Code practices and design patterns.
- Strong knowledge about RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge about CocoaPods.
- Strong knowledge about CoreData.
- Strong knowledge about Maps/GPS.
- Experience with MVVM.
- Experience with RxSwift.
- Experience with testing principles (Unit and Integration).
- Knowledge about the release process of iOS apps, betas, automatization.
- Strong knowledge of iOS UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Demonstrated experience producing structured, readable and testable code
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Care about quality and know what it means to ship high quality code
- Ability in identifying, debugging and resolving complex production issues
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Jira and Agile methodology (we use Scrum)
Desired Personal Skills
- Critical thought, analytical thinking and good communication skills
- Capacity to work with members of the team working in different countries
- Good organizational and time management abilities
- Great attention to detail and a results-driven approach
- Willing to go above and beyond; we would like someone who wants everything under control and wants to try all the different possibilities that can happen
- An attitude of accountability and knowledge-sharing. You enjoy reviewing others’ code and sharing your knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Empathy, respect and a big sense of humour; we are people before engineers
- English communication skills; you won´t need Spanish
- Flexible work hours – We’re pretty ﬂexible when it comes to managing workload and time. It’s about delivery!
- Remote working
- A passionate, inspirational and aspirational team→ Teamwork is in our core values
- Grow yourself -At SafeBoda, learning is a habit. We empower people and we want you to grow with us. Tell us the areas you wish to improve in and if it makes sense for the business, we’ll do what we can to help you do just that
- Be part of a passionate team that is changing the mobility landscape in Africa and it’s improving millions of lives
- Opportunity to travel to East Africa and interact with the product and our multi-cultural team
How To Apply for SafeBoda Jobs 2020:
All interested candidates possessing the above attributes can send their applications online by using the link below:
Only online applications will be considered.