Job Title: Administration Officer – CRS Uganda Jobs 2020
Reports to: Senior Administration Officer
Organization: Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Uganda
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Uganda Profile:
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) supporting relief and development work in over 100 countries around the world. CRS carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas.
CRS is leading a consortium of 7 implementing and technical partners to run a five-year, $35 million USAID/FFP funded program called Nuyok to build resilience to shocks, enhance livelihoods through improved food security and nutrition and promote maternal and child health for vulnerable rural families in four districts of Karamoja – Abim, Nakapiripirit, Nabilatuk and Napak – which are home to 406,880 people living in an estimated 58,126 households. Nuyok seeks to strengthen governance and gender equity, community capacity to manage shocks and stresses, traditional and diversified livelihood opportunities and nutrition and health (including improved water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) of pregnant and lactating women, adolescent girls and children under five years of age.
The Administrative Officer will coordinate the provision of responsive, effective, and efficient administrative services in support of the Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) mission to serve the poor and vulnerable. You will help ensure stewardship of resources and a high-quality service approach are integrated into administrative and information management systems (ICT). You will provide administrative and operations support to program staff in ensuring high quality and efficient delivery of services to the people we serve.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the program during meetings and/or trainings by sending out invitations, making venue bookings, preparing and ordering material required for meetings/trainings. This could include printing, binding, sorting, ordering required supplies etc.
- Support the program during trainings/meetings by taking attendance, being interlocutor with hotels, make payments to participants when applicable
- Take notes during proceedings of meetings/trainings and generally ensure the smooth flow of events ensuring observance of SOPs in force
- Coordinate and report on activities and required resources to ensure cost efficient and quality service to the people we serve
- Help ensure administrative systems, processes, and policies are in line with agency standards and donor and local law regulations.
- Support in ensuring efficient use of program assets and rented facilities.
- Help identify safety issues and ensuring a safe and sound work environment.
- Coordinate the provision of travel and logistics support and services to staff and visitors. Coordinate event planning activities, including delegation visits, trainings and workshops.
Information Management Systems (ICT)
- Maintain and troubleshoot all network and computer related issues and provide front-end users support.
- In collaboration with Kampala ICT team;
- Integrate security, physical control solutions for all confidential data and systems
- Monitor performance and manage parameters
- Identify security gaps and provide relevant solutions
- Conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment
- Ensure appropriate upgrades and system changes are installed on all devices
- Configure new devices for deployment in the office
- Maintain inventory of all assets and equipment in the field office.
The applicant for the Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Administrative Officer employment vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in IT-related course.
Previous experience in IT field or administrative support functions will be a plus.
Candidates must be proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems.
Good planning, organizational and time management skills.
Strong customer service orientation with very good communication and interpersonal skills.
Ethical conduct and ability to maintain confidentiality.
Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
How To Apply for CRS Uganda Jobs 2020:
All candidates should Email a cover letter and CV only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Large files and/or scans of documents will lead to rejection of your application, in the subject line of the email, copy and paste – ADMIN OFFICER only
All applications that do not contain this exact subject line will be rejected and not read
Only selected candidates that meet the requirements will be notified
Deadline: 25th June 2020, at 5.00 pm.