Job Title: Social Science Research Assistant – Epicentre Uganda Jobs 2020
Reports to: Project Manager
Organization: Epicentre Uganda
Duty Station: Mbarara
Duration: 1 year.
Start date: ASAP
Epicentre Uganda Profile:
In 1995, Epicentre created a permanent research centre in Uganda to support MSF projects in the region. The primary role of Epicentre in Mbarara is to conduct clinical research following Good Clinical Practice (GCP) requirements on critical public health burdens in Uganda and Africa.
To reach this objective, Epicentre collaborates closely with the Mbarara University of Science and Technology (MUST). A full-time experienced research team is based at the Epicentre Mbarara Research Centre. The Mbarara research centre is located in Mbarara Municipality, 300 km South-West to Kampala.
The Social Science Research Assistant will be in charge of the implementation of the TB SPEED project in Mbarara under the supervision of the Country Principal Investigator.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Collect, compile and manage the quantitative and qualitative data required for the study
• Collection of community observation data
• Conduct the information and informed consent process with participants
• Schedule, prepare and conduct the interviews
• Compile field notes and case summaries
• Collect costs of resources associated with intervention delivery available at a national level
• Recruit participants for time and motion study, distribute and collect timesheets
- Masters in Social Sciences and/or Public Health preferably.
- At least 3 month’s experience in coordinating/ implementing a facility-based/community-based survey
- At least 3 months’ experience in qualitative data collection using various methods such as in-depth interviews, groups discussions, observations;
- At least 3 months’ experience in transcribing and translation of qualitative data
- At least 3 months’ experience in a community based or clinic-based study;
- Strong data entry skills using computer software packages
- Understanding of the regulatory context, good clinical practices and standard operating procedures
- Working experience in conducting surveys/interviews in resource-constrained settings is added advantage.
- Fluent in Runyankore/Rukiga language
How To Apply for Epicentre Uganda Jobs 2020:
All interested candidates possessing the above attributes can send only your application and CV as one pdf or doc file indicating your name and position applied for e.g. Naanda Watu_ Social Science Research Assistant TB SPEED online by email via: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also hand deliver only their application and CV to:
MSF/Epicentre Mbarara Research Base
P. O. Box 1956, Mbarara.
No other attachments are required at this stage.
Deadline: 25th June 2020, at 5.00 pm.