Job Title: Management Accountant – ERA Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Electricity Regulatory Authority of Uganda
Reports to: Manager Finance
Electricity Regulatory Authority Uganda Profile:
The Electricity Regulatory Authority is a Statutory Body established in the year 2000, in accordance with the Electricity Act, 1999, (Chapter 145 of the Laws of Uganda) to regulate the Generation, Transmission, Distribution, Sale, Export and Import of Electrical Energy in Uganda. ERA is mandated by the Electricity Act, 1999, to issue electricity Generation, Transmission, Distribution, Sale and Import Licenses, set License conditions and ensure compliance to License conditions by Licensees. ERA is also mandated to establish a tariff structure, approve rates of charges among other functions. We are committed to ensuring a sustainable Electricity Supply.
The Management Accountant will undertake the formulation of the Authority’s Budget estimates, prepare Management Accounts and Financial Statements, as well as handle the Taxation aspects of the Authority.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the development of the Authority Budgets and ensure subsequent budgetary control for various activities and programs within the Authority in line with the Corporate Plan.
- Prepare and interpret relevant Budget Monitoring Reports on a Monthly, Quarterly and Annual basis.
- Monitor the linkage between the Budget and the Procurement Plan to support all Procurement Decisions.
- Ensure timely preparation of the Authority Payroll.
- Prepare and submit the Annual Financial Statements of the Authority.
- Handle the Taxation Affairs of the Authority, and maintain good Compliance Relationships with Bankers, Uganda Revenue Authority, National Social Security Fund, and any other Statutory Bodies relevant to the role.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Supervisor or Management.
- The applicant for the Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA) Management Accountant job must hold an Honors Degree in Commerce (Finance/Accounting), Business Administration(Finance/Accounting), Finance and Accounting, Financial Economics.
- Minimum of Level II for Professional Qualifications such as ACCA, CPA.
- Knowledge of Computerized Accounting Packages.
- A minimum of three years of relevant working experience in a reputable organization.
- Age: below 35 Years
How To Apply for ERA Uganda Jobs 2020:
Interested applicants who meet the requirements should submit their applications online via the link below:
Closing Date: 26th June 2020 by 5:00 pm