Job Title: 2 Accounts Assistants – MAAIF Uganda Jobs
Organization: Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries
Duty Station: Various Centre Farms
Reporting To: Senior Accounts Assistant
National Animal Genetics Resources Centre and Data Bank Profile:
National Animal Genetics Resources Centre and Data Bank, a body corporate under the Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industry and Fisheries its mandate is to take a leading role in establishing a comprehensive National Animal Breeding Programme in Uganda, wishes to recruit the following position.
To perform routine accounting work, carry out primary data entry sorting documents, filing and keeping custody of accounting and financial transactions records.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepares voucher according to payment requisition,
- Assigns invoice numbers to transactions for further processing,
- Records and captures data on the system,
- Provides information on electronic funds transfer and, executes payments to beneficiaries,
- Prepares payment advice forms, receives non-tax revenue collections, imprest, compiles returns and prepares monthly accountability,
- Posts vote books and subsidiary ledgers,
- Receives, sorts, files accountability returns and keeps custody of accounting documents and
- Undertakes any other official duties as may be assigned by the immediate Supervisor.
- A Diploma in Business Administration or Commerce with a bias in accounting obtained from a recognized awarding institution.
- An Honors Degree in Business Administration or Commerce is an added advantage.
- A partial professional qualification in accountancy like: Accounting Technician.
- Certificate of Uganda (ATC-U) of ICPAU. Certified Accounting Technician (CAT) certificate -ACCA.
- Working experience of at least Three (3) years as an Accounts Assistant in Government or equivalent level of experience performing Accounts work in a reputable organization.
- Age Limit: 25-45 years
How To Apply for MAAIF Uganda Jobs 2020:
All CV, applications and testimonials (including 3 work references) should either be hand-delivered or sent the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org and should be addressed to:
The Executive Director
Attn: Human Resource/Administration,
National Animal Genetic Resources Centre & Data Bank,
P.O. Box 183 Nsamizi Road, Entebbe,
Closing Date: 08 July 2020 by 5:00 pm