Job Title: ICT Assistant – IRC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: International Rescue Committee
Duty Station: Imvepi, Uganda
Reporting To: ICT Officer
International Rescue Committee Profile:
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover and gain control of their future. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
This position will be primarily responsible with assisting and facilitating the installation and configuration of IT infrastructure, staff training and operations of IT activities in IRC Imvepi- Arua. The IT Assistant will offer 1st and selected 2nd level support to Field staff and work closely with the IT Officer, IT Manager, Field Coordinator and on request with the Regional IT Director to ensure proper ICT functioning and support.
Roles and Responsibilities:
IT Support – Provide Level 1 and Level 2 Support
- Work with end-users or IT Officer (or Service Desk) on resolving Level 1 issues For IRC Arua- Imvepi Staff
- Resolve or escalate Level 2 and Level 3 issues on request to appropriate internal or external resource (IT Officer, IT Manager, IHUB) as necessary.
- Liaise with IRC Imvepi Internet Service Providers (ISP) for the purpose of improving the system and resolving any breakdown in internet services.
- Ensure that antivirus programs on each machine are updated regularly.
- Work with Help-desk to create email addresses, update mailing lists, and keep proper tracking of email addresses.
Installation & Configuration and Maintenance
- Offer systems administrative support to the Servers, Windows Server 2016 operating system, Domain and essential network services.
- Desktop/laptop hardware, software, and peripherals using IRC standard Windows 10 operating system image.
- Local Area Network, wireless network, peer-to-peer or client-server architecture, as appropriate.
- Provide monitoring reports with information on the condition of network and ISPs to the IT Officer to assist with timely upgrades and necessary changes
- Ensure SUN 4.4.2 and QA BI is properly installed and functional on all Finance departmental computers in the office.
Maintenance, Repair & Security
- Perform preventative maintenance on all IRC Arua-Imvepi Staff computers and network resources.
- Ensure that server backup is done on a regular basis and that staff are reminded to do back up before their computers are sent out for repairs. Ensure data security backups and protection of the LAN against data corruption.
- Work with the IT Officer to update and maintain network documentation to include but not limited to IP address, Network and Server system access, email creation systems, upgrades and changes to the original network, etc.
- Diagnose hardware and software faults by questioning clients patiently about a problem and explaining the procedures to them.
- Closely collaborate with International and HQ IT, team, on help-desk, connectivity and other in-country and global IRC IT projects.
- Provide technical input and support to the Imvepi office Local Area Network. Ensure proper record keeping of breakdowns, problems and maintenance carried out.
- Any other IT related tasks assigned by the Field Coordinator in consultation with the IT Officer, IT Manager or Regional IT team to accomplish the overall organizational goals.
Training, Evaluation, and Testing
- Provide regular user and support staff training, including training on basic care and maintenance of computers and equipment for users which include training IRC staff and guests on the safe handling and general operation of computers and accessories and ensure that all IRC staff are in compliance with IT policies and procedures
- Research and suggest new technology as required by Regional and HQ IT.
- Prepare and submit regular weekly, monthly and trip reports that provide sufficient detail for HQ to understand the project and country office’s computer environment, needs, IT staff availability and skill levels and future plans.
IT Asset Management
- Keep an up-to-date ICT asset register by performing monthly asset verification for all IT assets in the offices including Software & licenses (Box, WebEx and Cyberoam FWs, Merakis).
- Create and maintain IRC computer software/hardware inventory ensuring accuracy.
Policies and Protocols
- Implement available plans for repair of dysfunctional laptops, desktop computers, photocopiers, printers, etc.
- Implement appropriate protocols for regular maintenance of all IRC computer-related equipment.
- Implement local IT Policy for IRC Uganda in coordination with IT Officer, IT Manager, Field Coordinator and Regional IT support team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or an equivalent, or equivalent technical work experience.
- CCNA course desired MCSE or equivalent experience is a plus.
- At least 3 years of experience in IT profession
- Experience installing, configuring, and managing both wired and wireless LAN, and firewalls.
- Computer imaging skills required.
- Outlook and cloud backup experience required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is required.
- Customer/Client service experience
- Able to work independently within a team environment
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds from floor to a standard desktop.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2020:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join the IRC in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Closing Date: July 1st,2020 by 5:00 pm.