Job Title: ICT Security Officer – Pride Microfinance Jobs 2020
Organization: Pride Microfinance Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
Pride Microfinance Uganda Profile:
Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride) is the leading Microfinance Deposit Taking Institution in Uganda with 34-networked branches and 10 contact offices countrywide; regulated by Bank of Uganda under the MDI Act, 2003.
To monitor the security compliance of networks, servers and applications, and respond to security events and alerts.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- 1. Implement security measures in compliance with Pride’s policies and procedures.
2. Review IT security strategy, policies and standards as per the business requirements.
3. Install and update IT infrastructure, provide security against hackers and intruders.
4. Conduct training for staff in IT Security.
5. Update and maintain registers of physical access to the bank server rooms at all times, record the times and dates of staff and non-staff enter and leave the server rooms.
6. Review and recommend to Manager ICT Security cost-effective and appropriate security technology products for network, systems and data.
7. Periodically test the disaster recovery plan (DRP).
8. Conduct testing of the disaster recovery plan.
9. Conduct Intrusion detection on the network to identify vulnerabilities that exist in a system and network.
10. Conduct vulnerability scans on the network to identify vulnerabilities that can be used by a hacker to compromise the network.
11. Ensure patches are distributed to all machines.
12. Conduct Business Impact assessment for the ICT department.
13. Conduct Risk assessments for the ICT Department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in information systems/Technology or Computer Science, Statistics or relevant Engineering or Business related subject from a reputable university.
- Cisco certification (CCNA, CCNP, CEH).
- Two years experience in a busy ICT environment in a similar position, preferably a banking industry
How To Apply for Pride Microfinance Jobs 2020:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join us in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
- In order for you to submit your application, you need to create an account first.
- Fill in your personal information and upload your Curriculum Vitae (CV), including all your scanned academic credentials, 3 letters of recommendation from each of the referees and a passport photo.
- Submit online i.e. no hard copy deliveries will be accepted
Closing Date: 2nd July 2020 by 5:00 pm