Job Title: HR Administration Assistant – DRC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Reports To: Team Leader – HR & Administration
Duty Station: Rhino Camp
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Uganda Profile:
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
Support Team Leader – HR Administration in the preparation of HR tasks and maintenance of staff information in compliance with administrative procedures of DRC, municipal policies and procedures and in adherence to national acts and legislation
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Management of Casual contracts, timesheets and follow up on payments
- Assist in updating personnel staff files
- Timely requisition of office supplies that is stationery, beverages and cleaning materials etc as well receiving and releasing them.
- Management of office supplies, premises and office equipment.
- Submitting weekly/monthly report on use of office supplies in the mini store.
- Work closely with the Cleaners to ensure Office and Washrooms are kept tidy at all times
- Support the Team Leader in the recruitment process
- Ensure all required documents during recruitment are archived and shared with Country HR Department
- Ensure that vacancy adverts are announced in time and according to the Recruitment Authorization
- Distribute information about open vacancies to all staff and announce on local notice board in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with Team Leader – HR and Administration in organizing Seminars, meetings and other events at location.
- Taking minutes of staff meetings/events as required
- Act as focal person in receiving visitors guide them to the respective officers.
- Manage incoming and outgoing correspondences.
- Attend to any other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Humana Resource Management or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration. Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration.
- Higher National Diploma with 3 Years’ experience in the field of HR management,
- At least two years’ work experience in field of Human Resources and Administration in an NGO/Commercial sector.
- Hands-on experience/skills in MS Office applications (Excellent computer skill)
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines and stress.
- Ability to work independently on his or her own initiative with problems solving skills
- Strong team and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning(ERP)/Dynamics is an added advantage
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of local languages widely spoken in the West Nile region is an advantage
How To Apply for DRC Uganda Jobs 2020:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join us in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
- We only accept applications sent via our online-application form above.
Closing Date: 28th June 2020 by 5:00 pm