Job Title: HR & Administration Assistant – IRC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: International Rescue Committee
Duty Station: Kiryandongo, Uganda
International Rescue Committee Profile:
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover and gain control of their future. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling
Reporting to the HR/Admin Officer, the HR/Admin Assistant is responsible for providing support for day-to-day administrative requirements, functions, and general office management of the IRC Kiryandongo office.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Front Office Management
- Ensure that reception services are provided in such a fashion that visitors are provided with a warm welcome and that their needs are swiftly attended to
- Ensure that all incoming communications (telephone calls, letters, email etc.) are responded to professionally and reliably passed on to the appropriate person(s)
- Ensure that the mails are collected from the post office on a regular interval and ensure timely distribution of mail/messages
- Ensuring that the office environment is clean, well-organized, and attractive and that break tea is provided to a high standard of quality and hygiene
- Ensure that Office equipment is switched off accordingly and the premises securely closed.
Utility Management (Electricity, Water, Garbage, Phone, Security, Internet etc)
- Ensure that all office utility bills, subscriptions and office rent are paid on time in liaison with the HR/Admin. Officer
- Ensure that all subscriptions (email, internet) and other service contracts (photocopier and other machinery servicing contracts) are renewed in a timely manner in liaison with the IT officer
- Under the supervision of the HR/ Administration Officer, compile and submit MTN- CUG telephone numbers by the 20th of every monthly
- Prepare monthly utility reports and submit timely to the HR & Admin. Officer or designate
Events Management (Conference/Meetings) and Travels (in-Country) Management
- In liaison with the focal person on the personnel committee, coordinate monthly staff meetings and ensure efficient distribution of minutes, workshops, seminars and conferences for the country office
- Ensure that support is provided in a timely and reliable fashion with travel arrangements, conference venue bookings, meeting arrangements, accommodation booking for staff from other programs and other official visitors
- Flights focal person – ensure that all the flight requests-local & international are actioned in an efficient manner
- Coordinate and arrange staff parties.
- In Liaison with the HR/Admin officer, monitor staff movement to/from the field, to conference, to trainings, etc. and provide weekly updates (Travel calendars) to relevant staff.
- Provide timely and proper set-up of conference rooms or venues for various meetings as and when.
- Secretarial task; ensure OADM forms/Templates are replenished and updated.
- In Liaison with the Administrative/HR Officer, monitor staff movement to/from the field, to conference, to trainings, etc. and provide weekly updates to relevant staff.
Support to the Human Resource/Administration function
- Maintain Petty cash register and ensure petty cash reconciliation.
- Cash projections of the Human Resources/Admin Department
- Assist the HR department in organizing staff training sessions, workshops and activities
- Read and become knowledgeable of the IRC Admin and HR Policies and Procedures
- Perform other work-related duties as required by the Admin/HR Officer
- University studies in Business Administration, Secretarial Studies, or any other related course.
- At least 2 years of experience in similar position.
- Proven skills in administration and management.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal skills.
- Good administrative skills.
- Strong written and oral English communications skills.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must be able to work independently while being a strong team player.
- Strong skills in collaboration with multi-cultural and diverse teams .
- A team builder with excellent people skills; must be culturally sensitive.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2020:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join the IRC in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Closing Date: June 30 th 2020. by 5:00 pm.