Job Title: Data Officer –MJAP Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP)
Reports To: M&E Officer.
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP) Profile:
MJAP works to build partnerships and strengthen health systems to optimally respond to HIV/AIDS, TB, Non-communicable diseases (NCDs) and other diseases of public health importance in Africa.
MJAP is implementing a sub-award grant from Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI), for accelerating HIV/AIDS Epidemic Control in Kampala region; with funding from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
MJAP is seeking a competent, passionate and dynamic individual to fill the positions below in a very busy health facility in Kampala.
Determine the suitable database analysis software; enter data that is used to generate weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for MJAP activities in accordance with MOH guidelines and procedures.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Receive and review raw data on the different program activities on a daily basis
• Enter data into the appropriate program databases on daily basis according to the approved format
• Create data cleaning queries to free data from any anomalies according to the data analysis procedures
• Back up data and add password to the different databases used for data entry on a daily basis in line with the data security procedures
• Carry out simple analysis on MJAP activities and document brief reports on weekly and monthly basis to inform the development of quarterly reports for the various stakeholders
• Devise and implement a mechanism for safeguarding computer hardware and other accessories assigned to Data Officers
• Offer on-going support to the data collectors in proper data collection and documentation procedures.
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics
• Specialized training in data management, analysis and interpretation is an added advantage
• At least 2 years working experience in data management
Key personal competences
• Good interpersonal skills, communication skills and organizational skills.
• Good computer skills and knowledge of common Statistical analysis and database management packages Ms Access, Ms Excel, STATA, SPSS, EPiDATA
• Comprehensive knowledge of computer data input equipment and error resolution in data entry
• High level of confidentiality, accuracy and teamwork
How To Apply for MJAP Uganda Jobs 2020:
Interested and qualified candidates should apply via the email below and submit their cover letter, a detailed curriculum vita and copies of relevant academic documents to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP)
Closing Date: 26th June 2020 by 5:00 pm