Job Title: 2 Supply Chain Assistants – DRC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Uganda
Reports To: Country Supply Chain Officer
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Uganda Profile:
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 36 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
The Supply Chain Assistant – Main objective will provide logistics, warehouse and procurement support service, ensuring efficient and effective procurement, warehouse and asset management for smooth running of operations according to DRC’s internal and donor procedures, as per the Operations Handbook and Quality Standards contained within.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Warehouse and Asset Management
- Process approved Purchase Requests (PRs) as assigned by your supervisor in line with DRC operations handbook.
- Ensure that all orders are tracked from point of planning and request through to final receipt
- Participate in the joint verification of procured goods and services and ascertain the items conformity to Technical Specifications and Quantities.
- Ensure that all assets (old and new) are properly recorded and tagged.
- Carry out monthly physical inventory of stock and asset.
- Oversee deliveries to and dispatches from DRC warehouses and effecting the necessary documentation.
- Maintain good communications with warehouse staff in other DRC locations and partner organizations
- Correctly apply ERP supply chain processes.
- Adhere to DRC Code of Conduct and DRC specific procurement procedures within the Supply Chain department
- Ensure that NFIs are managed in line with donor and DRC policies and guidelines.
- Stock and Inventory Management (Receiving and Dispatching goods)
- Ensure the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of new initiatives and procedures related to warehouse management
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly stock and warehouse reports.
- Implement standard DRC warehouse management procedures and guidelines as applicable in the Warehouse Management Handbook.
- Track and document movement all assets and GPEs
- Work in close liaison with SC Officer, update the GPE and asset register on monthly basis.
- Plan and submit requests for weekly fuel needs of vehicles, generators and motorbikes
- Document all fuel receipts and issues
- Ensure that fleet of all motorized assets are serviced in a timely manner and maintained in good working conditions
- Maintain record of all fleet documents
- Compile and prepare fuel consumption reports of all fleet on the last day of the month including costs of repair
- Prepare vehicle movement plan on weekly basis.
- The ideal applicant for the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Supply Chain Assistant job must hold a Diploma or equivalent professional qualification in Business Administration or Supply Chain/Logistics Management.
- CIPS certification is considered an asset
- One year of relevant work experience.
- Experience in administrative tasks, including filing systems.
- Excellent IT skills, including experience in operating an ERP supply chain system
- Experience in supply chain management including procurement, transport and distribution, warehouse and stock management
- Experience with standard procurement procedures and documentation.
- Experience with construction and site project management
- High integrity, pro-active, stable, robust character and a good team-player
- Highly motivated, results-oriented, and with well-developed problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills
- Proven commitment to accountability practices
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work with limited supervision
- Advanced English proficiency
- Fluency in local language
- Languages: Excellent communication skills in English is required. Fluency in English and other local languages in the area of implementations an advantage
How To Apply for DRC Uganda Jobs 2020:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join us in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Closing Date: 28th June 2020 by 5:00 pm