Job Title: Laboratory Assistant – NDA Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: National Drug Authority Uganda
Reports To: Laboratory Technicians
Duty Station: Directorate of Laboratory Services-Mulago.
To take custody of laboratory supplies and clean laboratory equipment.
National Drug Authority (NDA) Uganda Profile:
The National Drug Authority (NDA) is an autonomous body which was established by the National Drug Policy and Authority Act Cap 206 , Laws of Uganda (2000 Edition) to regulate human and veterinary medicines and other healthcare products. NDA’s mandate is to ensure availability of efficacious and cost-effective drugs to the entire population of Uganda at all times, as a means of providing satisfactory health care and safeguarding the appropriate use of drugs
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Ensure safe custody of laboratory equipment and supplies
• Ensure cleanliness of laboratory equipment in accordance with written procedures.
• Distill water and prepares chemical reagents for use in testing of samples
• Receives samples for testing from the data clerk and delivers them to the laboratory.
• Delivers samples to the retention for proper storage
• Participate in sample preparation for attribute sampling
• Daily verification of pH meters and analytical balances.
• Participate in laboratory quality management system activities as required.
• Ensure good housekeeping practices, cleaning of glassware and cleaning of laboratory testing areas.
•Any other duties as assigned from time to time.
• Ordinary Diploma in Laboratory Technology (Chemistry) from a reputable Institution.
How To Apply for National Drug Authority Uganda Jobs 2020:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join us in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to submit a cover letter, copies of your academic qualifications together with your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to:
The Secretary to the Authority, National Drug Authority,
Plot 19, Rumee Towers, Lumumba Avenue,
P. O. Box 23096 Kampala, Uganda
Closing Date: Thursday 9th July 2020 by 5:00 pm