IRC Uganda Jobs 2020 – 2 Protection Officers
Job Title: 2 Protection Officers – IRC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC) Uganda.
Duty Station: Kyegegwa, Uganda
International Rescue Committee Profile:
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee ( www.rescue.org ) is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 40 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict-affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
The IRC began programming in northern Uganda in 1998 in response to mass displacement and devastation wrought by rebel group, the Lord’s Resistance Army. In 2002, the IRC expanded to the remote, conflict-affected region of Karamoja and in 2011, began working with refugees in Kampala and Kiryandongo settlement. Monitoring the influx of South Sudanese refugees at the end of 2015, the IRC began scaling up its response to refugees arriving in the West Nile region. By promoting durable solutions that deliver on the interdependent aims of saving lives, strengthening institutions, and supporting social cohesion, the IRC in Uganda is laying the building blocks for long-term stability and development –bringing people from harm to home. The IRC works in 12 districts in Uganda, including Kitgum, Lamwo, Kotido, Moroto, Napak, Nakapiripirit, Kaabong, Amudat, Kiryandongo, Adjumani, Yumbe, and Kampala.
IRC is currently looking for enthusiastic, hardworking and self-motivated persons to join our team to support the effective delivery of the organization’s mission.
The Protection Officer in line with prevention and response approaches will be responsible for the day to day direct delivery of Protection and Rule of Law activities. She\he will provide; supervision and support to community-based volunteers, lead protection monitoring exercises, be responsible for the development and implementation of relevant communication with community activities, coordinate the community engagement through leadership structures, lead case management process for extremely vulnerable individuals, ensure the functioning of Information Support Centers (ISCs) represent the organisation at zonal and village level coordination meetings, ensure regular data on all activities and reports are available.
They will work closely with Legal Officers, WPE staff, identifying areas for collaboration and sharing of resources in achieving the objectives of the sector. On a rotational basis, they will assume leadership role building their supervision and management skills, deputising for the Programme Manager as appropriate, undertaking tasks appropriately delegated following consultation with the Field Manager. They will be part of an integrated protection team delivering activities agreed by the Protection consortium.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead and conduct protection monitoring exercises, organising FDGs, KIIs and providing data from ISCs for analysis.
- Ensure Information and Support Centers are fully functional – with all the resources and staffing required to provide a safe and effective service to community members
- Ensure service mapping is up to date, referral pathways established and follow up of cases, concerns and issues are conducted by Assistants and volunteers
- Provide case management support for extremely vulnerable individuals (EVIs), ensuring tools provided are used and process and procedures complied with by Assistants and Volunteers
- Oversee PSN needs assessment exercises and ensure SOP and other related procedures are followed in the provision of targeted assistance support and home visits
- Have in place a clear system for the collection and storing of data on all activities
- Ensure CommCare is used efficiently
- Work closely with the Legal Officers to ensure linkages and referrals are done in a safe, effective and timely manner
- Work closely with colleagues in health and WPE teams, OPM and UNHCR to provide a comprehensive support to the affected population
- Provide weekly reports, data and work plans covering area of operation in a timely manner for review by the Programme Manager
- Ensure at zonal level that a system is in place for the collection and storing of data in line with principles of confidentiality.
- Participate in Zonal Coordination meetings involving UNHCR, OPM and all other partners
- Organise training and mentoring sessions for community leadership structures; Refugee welfare committees, Neighborhood watch committees, Women executives and Youth executives established at village and Zone level to effectively carry out their functions.
- Lead the development and implementation of peaceful co-existence activities, working with both the refugee and host population.
- Ensure the proper functioning of youth recreational centers and implementation of activities with youth that result in protection outcomes
- Map capacity and resources of refugee communities, supporting them in implementing community based protection activities\projects
- Develop strategies for communicating with communities, working with BBTT teams and Community based volunteers in developing messages and planning information sessions.
- Liaise with partners to receive and follow up on messaging needs and ensure quality and relevance of messaging
- Complete Purchase requests as part of procurement process
- Conduct weekly meetings with volunteers
- Deputise as appropriate for the Programme Manager when required
- Educated at degree level in the humanities or other relevant field.
- At least two years of prior professional experience in a similar post, preferably with an international organization.
- Demonstrable knowledge of protection issues and knowledge of refugee context.
- Strong supervisory and organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Flexible and able to work in a dynamic and diverse environment.
- Comfortable using information technology (Computers, Smartphones and Tablets) and MS Office Word and Excel.
- Proficiency in English (written and verbal)
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2020:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join us in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Deadline: Monday, July 13th,2020
Search Jobs Here
Most Popular Jobs
- Finance Assistant – Aga Khan Foundation
- Trainee Strengthening Civil Society – GIZ Uganda
- Accounting Assistant – EBC Uganda Jobs
- Regional Communications Volunteer – IRC Uganda Jobs
- Banking Officers – Equity Bank
- Administrative Assistant – Heritage International School
- Comprehensive CV & Cover letter Writing Service – Order Here!
- Stores Assistant – Baylor College of Medicine
- Trainee Waitstaff – Java House Uganda
- Junior Accountant – TotalEnergies
Categories: Jobs In Uganda
- Accounting Jobs In Uganda (513)
- Administration & Secretarial Jobs In Uganda (1,308)
- Agricultural Jobs In Uganda (156)
- Auditing Jobs In Uganda (108)
- Aviation Jobs In Uganda (52)
- Banking Jobs In Uganda (403)
- Beauty and Saloon Jobs In Uganda (2)
- Building and Construction Jobs In Uganda (2)
- Business & Development Jobs In Uganda (300)
- Call Centre Jobs In Uganda (35)
- Career Advice (13)
- Catering Jobs In Uganda (26)
- Communications Jobs In Uganda (104)
- Counselling Jobs In Uganda (46)
- Customer Care Jobs In Uganda (119)
- Data Collection Entry and Analysis Jobs In Uganda (378)
- Debt Collection Jobs In Uganda (23)
- Driving Jobs In Uganda (179)
- Economist Jobs in Uganda (6)
- Education Teaching and Lecturing Jobs In Uganda (142)
- Embassy Jobs In Uganda (68)
- Engineering Jobs In Uganda (379)
- Entrepreneurship (2)
- Environment Jobs in Uganda (72)
- Fashion Design Jobs (3)
- Fast Food & Restaurant Jobs (9)
- Field Jobs in Uganda (327)
- Finance Jobs (703)
- Food Science and Nutrition Jobs in Uganda (94)
- Freelancing Jobs (2)
- Front Desk Jobs in Uganda (85)
- Geoscience Jobs in Uganda (5)
- Graduate Trainee Jobs in Uganda (422)
- Graphics & Design Jobs (10)
- Guidance & Counseling Jobs (17)
- Health & Safety Jobs in Uganda (65)
- Hospitality & Tourism Jobs in Uganda (44)
- Hotel Jobs (19)
- Human Resource Jobs in Uganda (226)
- Human Rights Jobs (28)
- ICT and Computer Jobs (499)
- Insurance Jobs in Uganda (86)
- Internal Audit Jobs in Uganda (31)
- Internships & Trainings in Uganda (566)
- Laboratory Jobs in Uganda (118)
- Land Surveying Jobs (2)
- Legal Jobs (122)
- Manufacturing Jobs (40)
- Marketing Jobs (146)
- Media and Mass Communications Jobs (70)
- Medical & Health Jobs In Uganda (467)
- Micro finance Jobs in Uganda (132)
- Monitoring and Evaluation Jobs in Uganda (254)
- NGO Jobs in Uganda (2,618)
- No Experience Jobs in Uganda (634)
- Nursing Jobs in Uganda (27)
- Oil and Gas Jobs (12)
- Part Time Jobs in Uganda (41)
- Pharmacy Jobs in Uganda (22)
- Procurement & Supply Chain Jobs in Uganda (219)
- Projects Management Jobs in Uganda (316)
- Public Relations Jobs in Uganda (13)
- Quality Assurance (6)
- Real Estate Jobs in Uganda (5)
- Receptionist Jobs in Uganda (65)
- Records Library and Document Control Jobs (93)
- Research Jobs In Uganda (136)
- Sales and Marketing Jobs in Uganda (329)
- Scholarships for Ugandans (10)
- Security Jobs in Uganda (1)
- Social Work Jobs in Uganda (270)
- Sports Jobs (1)
- Statistics Job in Uganda (78)
- Stores Management Jobs in Uganda (107)
- Supervisor Jobs (3)
- Taxation Jobs in Uganda (16)
- Telecom Jobs in Uganda (29)
- Translator Jobs (3)
- Transport and Logistics Jobs in Uganda (153)
- Typing jobs (2)
- Uganda Government jobs (300)
- UN jobs in Uganda (415)
- Uncategorized (324)
- Veterinary Jobs in Uganda (4)
- Volunteer jobs in Uganda (90)