Job Title: Grants Management Intern – DRC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Uganda
Reports To: Grants Management Coordinator
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Uganda Profile:
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 36 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
We are looking for a highly qualified and recently graduated student in the fields of Social Sciences, General Management, to strengthen our Grants Management team in Kampala. We are looking for a candidate with a strong sense of organization and logical order – and with proven skills in managing documents (Word, PowerPoint), strong skills in Microsoft Excel (tabular data management). The objective of this position is to strengthen DRC’s Grants Management capacity in Uganda – through quality checking and general support to the GM team in Kampala.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Roles and Responsibilities:
Ad-hoc practical support
- Daily ad-hoc practical support to the GM team on tasks including filing, scanning, printing and copying of documents, preparation of meetings, calendar planning etc.
Document quality checking – and drafting (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Quality checking of key documents in GM team – including narrative reports, proposals, budgets.
- Support for drafting of budgets and project documents in collaboration with the GM team – as well as DRC colleagues in the field.
- Formatting of documents (ie cleaning up and streamlining fonts, types, spacing etc. in documents).
- The GM Intern will act as the DRC Uganda focal point for the country wide Grants Management System (GMS) which is used to store and hold key information on all grants in Uganda – including key project documents. The GMS Focal Point role will include tasks as uploading final versions of key documents. Keeping project information up to date at all times.
- Tracking and maintaining high awareness of the reporting schedule (the Rolling Action Plan, RAP) across all grants in collaboration with DRC Regional Office Grants Team in Nairobi.
- Support (or lead) weekly updates of Grants & Fundraising Overviews
- Support the GM team in planning and executing Grants Opening Meetings and other Grants related meetings
- Support the GM team on ad-hoc requests to gather information and updates on financial status / implementation rates / spending rates in close collaboration with the DRC Finance team.
- Coordinating, collecting and consolidating program information from DRC field teams (e.g. in response to UNHCR request for sectorial information).
[Other Tasks: not required – but a clear advantage – or to be developed over time]
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Support to the unit within the GM team
Undertake any further duties as the line manager sees fit. The position duties are flexible to a degree to allow the candidate to develop skills they personally identify. This can be arranged in discussions with the line manager.
- Recently completed University Degree within Social Sciences, Management and Economics etc
- Strong and proven computer skills (especially Microsoft Word and Excel – and secondly PowerPoint and Outlook) is a must as these skills will be applied in document quality checking, formatting and drafting;
- Full proficiency in spoken and written English;
- Strong sense of logical order and file management – and continuous drive to maintain a clear overview.
- Team worker – interested to learn more about refugee response in Uganda.
How To Apply for DRC Uganda Jobs 2020:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join us in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Closing Date: 15th July 2020 by 5:00 pm