Job Title: Enrolled Midwife – IRC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC) Uganda.
Duty Station: Imvepi, Uganda
Reports to: Registered Midwife in charge
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile:
The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. It was created by Albert Einstein more than 80 years and has been working in Uganda since 1998. It has particularly worked in the conflict zones where tens of thousands of people have been kills and over 1.6 million displaced. Following a peace agreement in 2006, Ugandans are returning home and looking to rebuild their lives. The IRC is there to protect women and children from violence and exploitation by fostering a safe environment and encouraging education, and is supporting farmers and small businesses, and helping communities promote peace and long-term development.
The enrolled midwife will be based in Yumbe and shall be responsible for providing health education talks to women and their partners in the reproductive health facility and in the community. She will provide Antenatal, delivery, postpartum, postnatal care, family planning services and shall maintain environment-friendly working space hence adhering to infection control and prevention practices. She will provide HIV/AIDS services including but not limited to counselling, eMTCT, EID and HAART services.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assess for reproductive health needs of adolescent girls and women of reproductive age group
- Provide counselling and health education before and after screening.
- Provide the full antenatal care package including screening tests at the facility and during community outreaches.
- identifying high-risk pregnancies and organizing appropriate referrals.
- Provide basic emergency obstetric and neonatal care, adolescent sexual and reproductive services including prevention and treatment of HIV and other STIs.
- Provide information and linkage to the elimination of mother to child transmission of HIV services.
- Provide care during labour and puerperium with emphasis on prevention of infection and ensuring successful breastfeeding.
- Participate in clinician ward rounds and provide bedside nursing care for admitted mothers.
- Provide postnatal care services for mother and baby including immunization, growth monitoring, support for breastfeeding and family planning.
- Provide clinical care for survivors of Sexual and Gender-based violence.
- Prepare daily, monthly activity reports and audits for the different reproductive health service.
- Adhere to the professional code of conduct and ethics.
- Must have enrolled midwifery certificate or equivalent
- Must be registered with the Nurses and Midwives council
- Relevant work experience of two years is essential.
- Be able to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2020:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join us in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Deadline: Monday July 20th,2020
Subscribe to Blog via Email