Job Title: 48 Research Assistants – Makerere University Jobs 2020
Organization: Makerere University College of Health Sciences Uganda.
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Programme
Makerere University College of Health Sciences Profile:
Makerere University College of Health Sciences, School of Public Health in collaboration with Pathfinder International is implementing a study under a USAID funded project called Family Planning Activity (FPA) in Uganda. The general objective of the study is to explore the root causes and cultural norms for healthy timing and spacing of pregnancies and assessing access to quality and voluntary family planning in central and western Uganda.
The study seeks to recruit highly experienced and competent Research Assistants (RAs) to support the implementation of its activities. The RAs will work under the overall supervision of the Field Supervisor.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative interviews with respondents.
- Explaining the need for the study to the respondents and obtain their consent to take part in it; then present the questions to the client orally.
- Record accurate and thorough answers using appropriate electronic devices.
- Ensure confidentiality of all collected data.
- Exercised courtesy and professionalism to all respondents.
- Keep good records of the interviews conducted.
- Review collected data obtained from interviews for completeness and accuracy, before submission.
- Meet regularly with the Supervisor to turn in the survey results on an on-going basis.
- Communicate clearly in Runyoro, Rutooro, Luganda, Lwamba, Rukonzo and English
- Notify management to incase an electronic device is missing or is not in good working order or in case of any administrative issues.
- Perform any other study-related activity as directed by the supervisor
- The applicant must hold a Bachelors’ degree from a recognized university.
- Must have at least a CGPA of 3.60 at undergraduate level.
- At least THREE years’ experience in collecting quantitative and qualitative data.
- MUST have at least one of the following languages as his/her first language; Runyoro, Rutooro, Luganda, Lwamba and Rukonzo.
- Excellent writing and listening skills to optimize data recording
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to administer a consent to the study participants.
- Intrinsically motivated to demonstrate patience.
- Ability to work for long hours in the field and away from home.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and stringent deadlines.
- Be undeterred by negative feedback from respondent treating people with respect and dignity.
- Ability to work independently, strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills
- Must have experience in collecting data using electronic devices such as ODK or CSProEntry
- Good computer skills in WORD and EXCEL
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary group.
- Ability to work in a rural setting.
- Integrity/Respect for colleagues.
How To Apply for Makerere University Jobs 2020:
All interested persons should electronically send in their applications with a current CV, scanned copies of their academic documents stating two referees and their own active phone contacts to the email: email@example.com. The documents should be addressed to;
The Dean Makerere University School of Public Health,
Mulago Hospital Complex, P.O.BOX 7072, Kampala. Uganda
NB: Only candidates shortlisted will be contacted for interview
Deadline: 15th July 2020
Subscribe to Blog via Email