Job Title: Monitoring Assistant SC4 – WFP Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: World Food Programme (WFP) Uganda
Duty Station: Kaabong, Uganda.
Reports To: M&E Officer.
WFP Uganda Profile:
WFP delivers food assistance in emergencies and work with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. WFP provides life-saving food assistance and livelihood opportunities to refugees in Uganda. In addition, WFP assists the most vulnerable people in Karamoja with food and nutrition assistance. Finally, WFP works with smallholder farmers and links them to markets.
We are seeking a qualified individual for the position of Monitoring Assistant SC4 to be based in Kaabong. Selected candidate will be employed on Service Contract.
To perform monitoring activities within a specific coverage area and provide reports to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of the assistance programme at the local level, in close collaboration with the implementing partners;
- Monitor and review the overall commodity movements such as food deliveries, storage, transport and distribution at the site and verify if the amounts received have been properly recorded, damaged or suspected to be damaged;
- Supervise the efficient distribution of food items at the site and ensure proper distribution of entitlements and verify appropriate entitlements are distributed and provide feedback to the supervisor.
- conduct regular monthly review meetings with cooperating partners on the commodity pipeline, distribution arrangements, food entitlements and other relevant issues;
- Assist in the implementation of the plan of action, review achievement and constraints and provide Feedback to the senior Programme Assistant.
- Report periodically to the PA on relevant events regarding food management, distribution and other related issues;
- Identify any apparent issues in the programme and report them to the PA;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Education, Social Sciences, Nutrition, Agriculture obtained from a recognized institution;
- At least three (3) year’s relevant work experience in Agriculture, and nutrition progrommes gained from a reputable organisation; Experience in project planning and management;
- Experience in managing, implementing, monitoring and analysing programme related programmes;
- Knowledge and experience in quantitative and qualitative research;
- Good knowledge and skills in using MS Office applications;
- Knowledge of Local Language will be an added Advantage
Desired Experiences For Entry Into The Role
- Has experience analysing programme output and outcome data.
- General knowledge of WFP monitoring and evaluation systems and standards.
How To Apply for WFP Uganda Jobs 2020:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join us in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Deadline: 30th July 2020.
Subscribe to Blog via Email