Job Title: COVID – Protection Officer – IRC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Uganda Profile:
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support and mentoring to community-based structures to increase access to protected information and services
- In close collaboration with YARID and other key refugee associations, co-create an Information Packet customized for different audiences and purposes and translated into various languages spoken by refugee populations.
- Develop visual service maps (UNHCR referral pathways), Government service points, toll-free e.t.c to facilitate referrals and case management
- Support development of easy-to-understand information messages on community-based protection and legal remedies i.e. protection orders, legal documentation, HLP civil remedies, family justice and determine how to access them.
- Plan and facilitate training and capacity building sessions for Refugee associations on national and international protection frameworks to targeted audiences.
- Support implementation of solutions Fund to support low-cost, scalable protection solutions
- Work with refugee associations, Community leaders, the Police and other stakeholders in the legal sphere to identify issues impacting on urban refugees needing legal and protection interventions as a result of COVID-19.
- Provide clients for emergency protection cases among refugees and other vulnerable individuals.
- Participate in Protection Taskforce meeting.
- Submit daily and weekly data reports, including a narrative of high-risk cases to inform appropriate actions.
- Analyze data, highlight trends and protection needs of refugees and other persons of concern.
- Undertake other administrative duties as directed by the Urban Program Manager, required for the functioning of programmer and implementation that are consistent with the role of Access to Justice Officer.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Bachelor Degree in any humanity courses, bachelors of Law from a recognized university.
- At least three (3) years of prior professional experience in a similar post, preferably with an international Organization and significant experience of working with refugee communities and demonstrate an awareness of the challenges in this role may be considered
- Strong understanding of human rights including gender equality, child friendly and juvenile justice and working with vulnerable individuals
- Experience in working on emergency projects
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Protection, Access to Justice and JLOS frameworks
- Strong training and capacity building skills and report writing
- Strong communication skills including the ability to gain trust and build relationships with new communities especially Refugee leaders and government institutions.
- Good understanding of International Human Rights, Refugee Law, Ugandan national laws and policies relating to refugees.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Flexible and able to work in a dynamic and diverse environment.
- Good standard of spoken and written English language skills essential
- Strong command of Kiswahili is an added advantage
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2020:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join us in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Deadline: 31st July 2020 by 5:00pm
Subscribe to Blog via Email