Job Title: Emergency Programme Assistant– FAO Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: FAO Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
FAO Uganda Profile:
The Emergency Programme Assistant, in collaboration with the M&E unit, will assist the Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL) Team to provide technical support to the FAO program team and Service Providers in ensuring that progress towards development results are systematically monitored, documented and analyzed to support decision-making, accountability, learning and adjustments in strategies and approaches. S/he will assist the FSLTeam in reporting and mapping of activities across all of FAO’s emergency interventions, inclusive of displacement, food security, livelihoods protection and recovery, as well as support to FAO emergency partners on verification and technical support for quarterly activity mapping and reporting, and the preparation of quarterly reports for Livelihoods and Resilience Sector (LRS) as part of FAO’s co-chair role in the refugee response.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with other UN agencies in reporting on progress against the UN Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF), replaced with the UN Cooperation Framework (UNCF) (2021-2025), other UN programmes (including national, regional and global appeals) and in the harmonization of data standards and sharing (including ActivityInfo in the refugee response);
- Ensure that the Country Office has quality information to assess progress towards expected results established in annual work plans, working across all programmatic teams (e.g. agroforestry, climate change and livelihoods), to support reporting against the UNDAF/UNCF and the Refugee Response Plan among other UN and national platforms as well as national, regional and global emergency response appeals (e.g. Desert Locust);
- Liaise, collaborate and follow-up with FAO Uganda personnel, Service Providers and primary stakeholders to ensure timely reporting as outlined in LOA and cooperation frameworks, which includes developing reporting templates and guidance as well as supporting any required changes and technical support to enable quality reporting, including but not limited to use of ActivityInfo and periodic reports;
- Support periodic data collection and analysis, including but not limited to FAO’s Resilience Index Measurement and Analysis (RIMA), Detailed Livelihoods Impact Assessment and baseline/endline assessments, in partnership with the M&E Unit;
- Participate in the monthly LRS Working Group meetings co-chaired by FAO to provide support to LRS partners on sector activity mapping and achievements to date and drafting meeting minutes;
- Support, under the supervision of the Food Security and Livelihoods Coordinator, operational and procurement processes related to project implementation, including but not limited to engagement of Service Providers, monitoring procurement processes,
- Undertake any other activities as requested.
- University degree in Development Studies, International Affairs, Social Sciences or related field.
- At least one year previous experience conducting knowledge-information management activities, preferably for emergency projects and programmes relating to food and nutrition security, livelihoods, agriculture and rural development.
- Working knowledge of English.
- Previous experience in working with knowledge management within the UN system
- Previous experience with routine and periodic reporting processes to develop information documents and reports
- Previous experience supporting household surveys that focus on livelihoods and resilience (e.g. RIMA and Detailed Livelihoods Impact Assessment)
- Extent of knowledge and experience working in emergency context, preferably with displacement, food and nutrition security and/or agricultural livelihoods
- Extent of knowledge and experiences in working with various stakeholders in Uganda including UN, Government, civil society, private sector, academics, and others
- Writing and communication skills
- Ability to manage a high workload, meet tight deadlines and multi-task under pressure
How To Apply for FAO Uganda Jobs 2020:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join us in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Deadline: 7th August 2020 by 5:00 pm.