Job Title: WPE Community Based Volunteers– IRC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Uganda Profile:
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the mobilization of community members for WPE activities; Awareness sessions, behavior change approaches and Vulnerability assessments.
- Support the timely reporting and referral of GBV cases from the community for case management.
- Conduct GBV prevention awareness raising within the community including IRC’s signature behavior change approaches.
- Work as first point contacts for IRC in the community.
- Participate in client feedback sessions and document the issues raised for sharing with the WPE staff.
- Provide translation services when required.
- Accompany Persons of Concern to access required services in a meaningful and dignified manner.
- Keep a weekly record of assignment undertaken.
- Be the ‘Eyes and Ears’ of the organization within the community, maintaining regular links with community leadership structures established
- Support project assessments with related activities i.e. data collection, mobilization of groups, translation etc.
- Any other reasonable activities determined by the Supervisor that is commensurate with the needs of the program.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- At least a certificate of education from a recognized institution from Country of Origin and O & A level in Uganda
- At least one (1) year of prior experience in a similar post, preferably with an international organization in an Urban setting.
- Good protection background and knowledge of Urban refugee context.
- Resident in the village or wards in Kawempe, Rubaga and Makindye Divisions.
- Recommendation letter from refugee leaders or Local Council 1 Chairperson of the Cell
- Photocopy of refugee identification card or attestation card or National ID for Ugandans
- Ability to speak and write English and knowledge of the local languages commonly spoken preferably from any language in Congo, South Sudan, Rwanda, Eritrea, Somalia and Burundi
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2020:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join us in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Deadline: 31st July 2020 by 5:00 pm.
Subscribe to Blog via Email