Job Title: Finance Officer – Path Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Path Uganda (FH)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Path Uganda Profile:
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and ensure timely recording of accurate accounting data in the Accounting System.
- Prepare all payroll related transactions of the month (payroll for staff and temp staff, file PAYE and NSSF returns plus uploading corresponding payments)
- Reconcile payroll GL accounts to the payroll on monthly basis
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations in the BW and follow up any reconciling items with the bank
- Review timesheet charges accuracy for all staff appropriately to the projects
- Weekly and monthly review of balance sheet accounts for accuracy, aging and reconciliation. Prepare quarterly/monthly cash requests and monitor CO liquidity-ensuring liquidity is sufficient Vs procurement planner
- In Liaison with the Admin officer, keep an updated register of all Assets and Inventory including files of asset theft/damage reports, disposals etc
- Provide guidance to program teams on all finance related matters
- Provide regular expenditure and projection analysis
- Manage bank and Mobile money accounts and ensure monthly reconciliation of bank accounts
- Ensure timely payments including reviewing of invoices, preparation of payment vouchers and other accounting documents in compliance with PATH Field Accounting Policies.
- Ensure compliance with financial policies (e.g. per diem policy, etc.) and maintain and update in-country financial policies as needed
- Conduct analyses of financial data to inform project management as required
- Facilitate periodic internal and external audit and assist in implementation of recommendations as required
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. Membership to professional Accounting bodies such as CPA, ACCA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a busy accounting department. Experience working with institutional donors in a multi donor funded organization will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and experience with any accounting software packages.
- Ability to effectively communicate project financial information to a variety of different audiences
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with diverse people, clients and consultants.
- Computer literacy in MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Power Point; Outlook
- Willingness and ability to work with all stakeholders.
- Willingness to accept additional responsibilities.
- Willingness to work in between different and competing priorities as required.
- Willingness to work across time zones and under strict deadlines.
How To Apply for Path Uganda Jobs 2020:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join us in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Deadline: Open until filled.
Subscribe to Blog via Email