Job Title: Driver – LVFO Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Lake Victoria Fisheries Organization (LVFO) Uganda
Duty Station: Plot 7B/E Bell Avenue, Jinja
Lake Victoria Fisheries Organization (LVFO) Profile:
Lake Victoria Fisheries Organization (LVFO) is an institution of the East African Community (EAC) charged with the management and development of fisheries and aquaculture. It was formed by a Convention in 1994 with major amendments in 2016. It is accommodated under Article 9.3 of EAC Treaty and registered as a regional fisheries management organization under the FAO UN Charter CAP 102. The overall objective of the LVFO is to promote sustainable management and development of the fisheries and aquaculture in order to contribute to food security and economic growth in the EAC region. LVFO has received funding from EU through FAO to implement the TRUEFISH project. The overall objective of the project is to contribute to the development of a competitive, gender-equitable and sustainable commercial aquaculture sector in order to support economic development and sustainable management of natural resources in the Lake Victoria basin. The project will deliver three result areas which include BUSINESS (access to commercial networks), SKILLS (availability and quality of local skilled workers in aquaculture-related businesses) and SUSTAINABILITY (sustainable and bio-secure regional aquaculture production systems).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform driving duties in accordance with schedule and instructions given by the Supervisor;
- Utilizing navigation apps to find the most optimal route;
- Responsible for the cleanliness, safety and proper running condition of the assigned vehicles; reporting to the supervisor any mechanical fault on a vehicle in a timely manner.
- Ensure adherence to service schedules and renewal of insurance premiums of vehicles; vehicles have to be sufficiently serviced, with sufficient fuel and are always ready for use.
- Advise the Supervisor of any perceived threats pertaining to the vehicles;
- Ensure that any trip outside the working station has a prior written approval;
- Up to date maintenance of the vehicle logbook and any other reports in accordance with the Organization’s Staff Rules and Regulations, i.e. (i) all trips within and outside the working station must be recorded in the logbook, (ii) all fuel requisitioned and the kilometers run by the vehicle, spanners, batteries and tyres fitted must be recorded in the logbook;
- Any accident or damage to the vehicle must be immediately reported to the Supervisor, the Traffic Police and the Insurance Company.
- Interacting with clients (where need be) in a professional manner.
- Maintaining an organized travel schedule.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- A minimum of an Ordinary Level Certificate of Education or equivalent
- Defensive driving/Advanced driver’s certificate (VIP) or equivalent
- At least three (3) year’s driving experience with a reputable organization.
- A valid driver’s license (suitable for car, SUV, van, minibus, pickup)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency using navigational devices/software.
- Reference letter(s) from previous employer(s)
- Certificate of competence
How To Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above-mentioned positions are advised to submit their application letter, detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of academic certificates, names and contact details of three referees, and a copy of National Identity Card, or Passport online through this system by clicking the button labelled “Apply Now”
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to the email: email@example.com
Deadline: Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Thursday, 3rd September 2020 at 17:00hrs local time (East Africa Time).
- Applications which do not: indicate nationality and age; the reference number; or have an application letter attached; have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates, or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing.
- LVFO Staff Rules and Regulations precludes consideration of applicants above fifty-five (55) years of age
- LVFO does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process.
The Executive Secretary
Lake Victoria Fisheries Organization (LVFO)
Busoga Square Plot No. 7B/E Bell Avenue
P. O. Box 1625, Jinja – Uganda.
Tel: +256 434 125000