Job Title: 4 Field Officers – USAID Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: USAID Uganda
Duty Station: Kotido, Uganda
USAID Uganda Profile:
USAID’s Integrated Community Agriculture and Nutrition Activity (ICAN) is USAID/Uganda’s flagship resilience project, awarded in July 2018. The Activity goal is to enhance the resilience of vulnerable households in the eight districts of Kanungu, Kisoro, Rukungiri (Kigezi sub-region); Gulu, Lamwo, Nwoya (Acholi sub-region); Kaabong and Kotido (Karamoja sub-region). ICAN Activity is majorly aimed at strengthening community resilience in the event of shock and stress with four core purpose areas: Increasing the resilience of Vulnerable households in 8 districts; increasing economic and diversified livelihood activities; improving food and nutrition security; enhancing inclusive and effective governance processes; Gender and social inclusion being a cross-cutting component.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Prepare and submit timely plans for district of jurisdiction to the Program Coordinator.
• Provide technical backstopping to community-based resource person engaged by ICAN in implementation of activities. The community resource persons shall include; VHTs, BSPs, governance champions and ere leaders.
• In consultation with the Regional Team Lead and respective thematic area technical leads, monitor the day to day implementation of work done by private partners and other CSOs engaged by ICAN.
• Identify technologies, practices, tools, equipment, and partners that have the greatest potential to improve the resilience capacities of the target households and communities.
• Facilitate participatory disaster risk mapping; training of stakeholders on resilience; development of community resilience plans; monitoring of the implementation of resilience plans and Early Warning Systems strengthening of ICAN beneficiaries.
• In consultation with the M&E Coordinator, ensure timely submission of all required data.
• Ensure that BSPs, VHTs and Governance Champions understand and implement the ICAN activities as per approved approaches. The Field Officers shall provide regular updates on the functionality and effectiveness of this community resource persons on their day today implementation of activities.
• Organize review meetings with community resource persons under area of jurisdiction to inform implementation progress, share lessons learnt and updates from management.
• Provide accurate, effective and timely reports that closely track implementation of approved work plans.
• Represent USAID ICAN in the relevant sub county meetings e.g. budget conferences and sub county disaster Management meetings.
• Directly supervise and provide leadership to trainings of community groups at sub county level to ensure effective use of resources and successful targeting of services to the beneficiary farmers.
• Perform any other duties as assigned as assigned by the Program Coordinator.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- The ideal candidate for this vacancy should hold a relevant diploma or degree in areas to include; agriculture, business administration social work, nutrition, good governance, community phycology etc.
- In addition, Diploma holders should have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in community-level development interventions while degree holders should have a minimum of 1 years’ experience.
- Preference shall be those experience in the areas of food security, nutrition, good governance, market development and livelihoods in Karamoja region.
- Good leadership skills with the ability to take personal initiatives to achieve results with minimal supervision.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), Web Conferencing applications and information management systems.
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively in an environment of cultural diversities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skill.
- Possession of a valid riding permit is a must.
- Practical ability to ride a motorcycle is A must.
- Ability to communicate in the Ngakarimojong is a must
How To Apply for USAID Uganda Jobs 2020:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join us in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to submit a CV and short cover letter outlining your suitability for the role, Academic documents and recommendation letter from your pastor, priest or religious leader. Please email your applications to email@example.com with a reference “ICAN –Karamoja /Indicate position applied for”.
Or Submit hand-delivered applications to
The Executive Director,
Diocesan Development Services – North Karamoja,
P.O. Box 26, Kotido.
Deadline: 15th August 2020
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.
Subscribe to Blog via Email