Job Title: Information Management Intern – UNICEF Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: UNICEF Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
UNICEF Uganda Profile:
UNICEF Uganda is seeking to recruit an Information Management Intern to improve reporting; monitoring and evidence-informed planning and targeted implementation. The Information Management Intern will be expected to analyze U-Report results from the ongoing emergency poll focused on Accountability to Affected Populations to be launched in the immediate future.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support FOE to develop snapshots for internal and external purposes, develop maps to support UNICEF’s programming and that of our partners and build the capacity of the emergency team in Uganda to collect, record, collate and analyze data.
- Maintain an archive electronically of useful tools, information, studies, publications etc.
Support the design and implementation of UNICEF’s data management strategy
- Support FOE to review humanitarian planning and programme documents, identify the information and knowledge management needs in consultation with FOE and jointly propose innovative measures and activities to address identified needs and gaps.
Data analysis and mapping
- Support FOE in providing data analysis received by partners, U-Report and other data inputs, for inclusion in humanitarian sitreps.
- Support FOE in the analysis of data and information and perform data quality and consistency control, ensuring harmonization of humanitarian performance monitoring with the regular programme.
- Leverage Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to support FOE in mapping of geographic data management and the creation of dashboards on situation and results summary on regular basis.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Be enrolled in a degree programme in an undergraduate or graduate school, or be a recent graduate or have an advanced university degree in the relevant field. A BSC or MSC in computer science or a related fields such as information systems, information and communication technology, library or geographic sciences, or engineering highly desirable. Education in other areas will be considered with proven and relevant professional work experience.
- Two years of relevant professional experience, in the field of data and information management systems and data analysis.
- Knowledge and experience in using Adobe and ArcGIS are highly desirable.
- Proven technical experience in the development and use of innovative technology, particularly in the areas of data and GIS.
- Proven professional experience is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of the local language is desirable.
How To Apply for UNICEF Uganda Jobs 2020:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join us in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Deadline: Open until filled.