Job Title: Logistics Officer – Welthungerhilfe Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Welthungerhilfe (WHH) Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Welthungerhilfe (WHH), founded in 1962, is today one of the biggest non-governmental aid and development agencies in Germany. The objective of the program in Uganda is to improve livelihoods of the most vulnerable population in rural areas through interventions that increase their Food and Nutrition Security, improve sustainable access to WASH services and support the employability of youth through vocational and life skills training. We understand that livelihoods of the rural population in Uganda have improved in a sustainable way when people are able to meet their basic food needs, have access to clean drinking water and safe sanitation, live in a healthy environment and take up opportunities to earn and diversify a decent income.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Perform phases of sourcing activity to ensure best value and within required lead times for a variety of requirements in Yumbe Uganda, including analysis of overall budgetary impact for all types of procurement transactions
• Lead in the preparation and implementation of the annual procurement plan supported with budget and timetables.
• Ensure that the Welthungerhilfe regulations for awarding of contracts (RAC) and donor regulations are upheld in the project operations.
• Effectively negotiate with suppliers on a wide variety of commodities (protective equipment, vehicles, materials) and services for the best overall value to the project
• Contribute to the supply chain management efforts up to and including logistical support from the ordering point through the follow-up, expediting, and delivery of the required goods and/or services.
• Prepare, issue, and negotiate RFQ(s) for assigned procurements such as materials, equipment, commodities, works and services.
• Understand and ensure compliance with legal guidelines, contracting principles, sourcing and price/cost analysis requirements.
• Provide leadership of overall property management and inventory control, reports, reconciliations for both expendables and non-expendables according to WHH/ BMZ rules and regulations.
• Conduct cycle inventory reconciliation and conduct planned inventory and post spraying inventory exercise and maintain an updated asset and inventory records for the project.
• Ensure timely reporting on stock status to the project manager and help project staff plan stock replenishment in various locations.
• Ensure adherence to Welthungerhilfe standard procurement operating (SOP) procedures.
• Conduct logistics training workshops for project staffs on storage, distribution, and inventory control.
• Develop and submit weekly, monthly, quarterly and end of year reports to the project manager.
• Management of the Vehicle Pool and Transportation: Organize the allocation and daily availability of vehicle(s) establish tools for vehicles follow-up: logbooks, technical check-ups use of seatbelts, adherence to speed limits, vehicle booking process and movement monitoring system etc.
• Maintaining proper records for all the procurements handled at field office both in soft and hard copies files.
• Maintaining an updated Supplier database and contracts database
• Ensure proper documentation of all Logistics and procurement transactions. Prepare and submit to Finance payments for service providers in compliance with the RAC requirements.
• Responsible for supplier management, providing information on WHH compliance procedures, support their registration in the e-Tender Portal and providing continuous feedback on what is required.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Project Manager from time to time.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
• The applicant must hold a post-graduate diploma in procurement and logistics from a recognized institution.
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Business Admiration, Economics, Accounting, Procurement.
• At least three years procurement and logistical work and experience in multi-sectoral rural development projects preferable with international NGOs.
• Excellent computer skills in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access etc
• Experience in working independently and result oriented.
• Valid riding/driving licenses.
• Very good communication skills both oral and written.
• Good command of English and knowledge of local language is desirable
• Excellent interpersonal skills
How To Apply for Welthungerhilfe Uganda Jobs 2020:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join us in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send a detailed CV, a TYPED cover letter, all necessary academic documents and the contact details of three work-related referees all in one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org
Files should be submitted in a single email with standard file types like MS Word(.doc) and Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) and should not exceed 2MB.
Please indicate the position for which you are applying for in the subject line of your E-mail. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Welthungerhilfe is an equal opportunity employer; qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Deadline: August 10th, 2020, by 5:00 pm.