Job Title: Project Assistant/Store Manager – Abt Associates Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Abt Associates Inc
Duty Station: Tororo
Abt Associates Uganda Profile:
Abt Associates seeks qualiﬁed candidates for the Project Assistant/Store Manager position to be based at the PMI VectorLink Project field office in Tororo, Uganda. Under the supervision of the Logistics Coordinator, the Store Manager supports the project’s logistics activities. This position requires frequent visits to the field in various districts during IRS implementation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that commodities used in IRS campaigns are secure, accounted for, and safely stored at the project’s district-level stores.
- Receiving, delivering, and registering IRS commodities, and ensuring that storage facilities at the parish-level are ready for IRS operations.
- Taking stock of store inventory, preparing a gap analysis for procurements.
- Supervising the parish storekeepers and ensuring accurate record keeping.
- Ensuring all documentation for IRS supplies and logistics is correct and updated.
- Mentoring the District Supply Officers in logistics management.
- Participating in the training of parish storekeepers in logistics management.
- Advising Logistics Coordinator and Senior Management of the Project on logistics and procurement needs.
- Participating in identiﬁcation of stores and need for repair.
- Ensuring that all pumps are maintained and serviced prior to the next spray round.
- Ensuring that all IRS waste is sorted, packed and transported to the waste store.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Management, Administration, or another relevant field
- At least 2+ years of relevant experience in warehouse and/or logistics management.
- Experience working with international development programs or USAID very desirable.
- Excellent computer skills, computer software programs, including MSWord, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to coordinate well with personnel within and outside the project, meet deadlines, and work with minimal supervision.
- Fluency in English
How To Apply for Abt Associates Uganda Jobs 2020:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs, academic documents and three references (must include email addresses and phone numbers) merged in one document to VCUganda-Recruiting@pmivectorlink.com with the position title in the subject line of the email.
Applications that do not follow, these instructions. or that do not meet the stated minimum qualification requirements, will not be considered.
Deadline: Sunday, August 16, 2020.