Job Title: 7 Nursing Officers – MRC/UVRI Uganda Jobs 2020.
Organization: MRC/UVRI Uganda.
Duty Station: Entebbe
MRC/UVRI Uganda Profile:
Following the signing of strategic transfer agreements between the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) and the Medical Research Council (MRC UK), the Unit formally joined LSHTM on 1st February 2018. The exciting new partnership will boost research capacity into current and emerging health issues in Africa and throughout the world. The Unit is based at the UVRI Entebbe campus with established outposts in Kalungu, Masaka, Wakiso and Kampala Districts. The Unit is now seeking enthusiastic and experienced individuals to fill the following positions:
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Administer the information sheet and obtain informed consent from study participants.
• Collect data through conducting interviews with study participants.
• Conduct measurements as indicated in the study protocol.
• Collect nasal and throat swabs from study participants.
• Perform phlebotomy and obtain venous blood as per study protocol.
• Perform rapid HIV tests, rapid malaria tests and haemoglobin in the field.
• Referral of study participants found ill during the field work.
• Document and label study samples collected from study participants in the field.
• Ensure that samples collected in the field are transported in time to the Kyamulibwa field laboratory.
• Provide health education and awareness to study participants and communities.
• Make regular requisitions for supplies and PPE from the store.
• Transfer data collected from the field and synchronise the data on the server.
• Attend and give presentations in CMEs.
• Ensure proper documentation and adherence to the study protocol.
• Perform any other duty assigned by the PI or the study coordinator.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
• Diploma in Nursing/comprehensive.
• Degree qualifications in Nursing is desired.
• Short courses on research methods, GCP training, counselling is an added advantage.
• At least 2 years’ experience in clinical and research setting.
• Possession of counselling skills is an added advantage.
• Communication skills with good of English and Luganda.
• User knowledge in computer applications.
How To Apply for MRC/UVRI Uganda Jobs 2020:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join us in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Strictly follow the application procedure as failure to do so will lead to automatic disqualification.
The applications should be addressed to:
The Head of Human Resources,
MRC/ UVRI and LSHTM Uganda Research Unit,
P.O. Box, 49,
Consider your application unsuccessful if not contacted within eight (8) weeks after the closing date of the advert.
Deadline: 13 August 2020