Job Title: Administration Officer – Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Mercy Corps Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
Mercy Corps Uganda Profile:
Mercy Corps is an international non-profit organization which implements high-quality, analytical development programs in very difficult places. Mercy Corps has been operating in Uganda since 2006. It has and continues to implement programs in Kampala City, Acholi, Karamoja and West Nile sub regions. Mercy Corps is taking a community-led, market driven approach to address poverty and food insecurity needs through interventions that get to the root causes and contributing factors of economic vulnerability. Donors include the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), DFID, MasterCard Foundation, WALMART Foundation, Coca Cola Africa Foundation, China Fund for Poverty Alleviation (CFPA), Western Union and Canadian High Commission.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Strategy and Vision
- Actively contribute to the office strategic planning process and provide regular updates.
- Interface with stakeholders and local partners in a manner consistent to the Mercy Corps ethos.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with staff, vendors, partners and other stakeholders.
- Maintain high ethical standards and treat all people with respect and dignity.
- Develop the capacity of his/her team & assist them with continued development of a career path.
- Demonstrate an awareness of his/her own strengths and development needs.
- Work with Mercy Corps staff to ensure smooth introduction and adoption of operational systems including Mercy Corps Field Facilities and Office Management Policy.
- Overall responsibility for all travel and accommodation arrangements for Mercy Corps guests and team members in Kampala.
- Handle International guest logistics; airport pick-ups, accommodation, field movement support, and other guest-related issues.
- Conferencing and event management, including making all arrangements as required by MC Team members.
- Keep Kampala Office Travel Tracker up-to-date.
- Support Mercy Corps Kampala Office with all Mercy Corps Administration arrangements.
- Prepare and implement guidelines for support functions of the reception, photocopies, office cleaning and maintenance. Key among them is putting in place and implement guidelines for managing the purchase, storage, and distribution of office supplies.
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate record of office supplies including stationery, consumables and cartridges/toners.
- Maintain an update inventory for Kampala Offices, Guest House and all expat houses.
- Support in managing the Kampala Office mini store and movement of documents and supplies.
- Prepare and attend staff general and coordination meetings and compile the minutes as discussed and agreed upon by chairperson/supervisor.
- Other administrative duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Responsible for maintaining administration files. Ensures that all administration documents are stored in a safe and secure location, protected from damage. Such files including stock/inventory files, minutes of departmental and general staff meeting. The files must always be updated, organized, clearly marked, and complete.
- Ensure Mercy Corps admin manuals, travel documents (copies of team members’ passports and visas), and other critical information such as office security passwords is kept safely.
- Responsible for managing facilities & office management functions of Kampala office.
- Facilitate timely payments for utilities for Kampala Offices, Guest House and expat houses. The utilities include electricity, water, garbage collection, office telephone, DSTV and any other utility bills for the facilities.
- Ensure proper functioning and maintenance of the office, guesthouse and expat house equipment like photocopiers, printers, cookers, microwaves, fridges and others.
- Maintain a complete, accurate and up to date lease Matrix for Mercy Corps Uganda.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource, Business Administration, Social Work, Public Administration, Education, or other related field.
- At least three years’ experience in a similar position and or similar roles preferably with International Non-Government Organization and in a multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated excellence in administrative work in a busy and multi-cultural environment.
- Very good writing and verbal communications skills.
- Good negotiation, representation, skills and the ability to work comfortably with an ethnically diverse staff.
- Keen attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, ability to transparently manage stores, filing, and meet deadlines, work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Proven ability to solve problems innovatively.
How To Apply for Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2020:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join us in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Deadline: 19 August 2020