Job Title: 2 ICT Officers – IRA Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Insurance Regulatory Authority of Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala (Head Office)
Insurance Regulatory Authority of Uganda Profile:
The Insurance Regulatory Authority of Uganda is mandated to regulate, supervise, monitor and control the business of Insurance in Uganda. To strengthen its regulatory mandate, the Authority wishes to recruit suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the following vacancies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Implement and maintain policies and procedures to support ICT service level agreements.
2. Maintain and communicate ICT policies and procedures throughout the Authority in accordance with best practice and appropriate standards taking into account any legal requirements.
3. Formulate ICT proposals, processes, policies for planning and business continuity plan for approval.
4. Maintain server room in a tidy manner and ensure that devices and network points are identified with labels.
5. Repair and recover the system from hardware or software failures and implement the preventive maintenance exercises.
6. Issue right configurations to the server and workstation infrastructure and carry out scheduled health checks.
7. Prepare reports and documentation on network affecting incidents.
8. Configure security gateway with ACL on the Cisco router and routinely check the status of intrusion attempts.
9. Maintain all the registers (access, equipment) and logs (error, access) pertaining to the role and train staff on the use of existing and new technology.
10. Carry out any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- At least a Bachelor’s (Honors) Degree in Computer Science or any equivalent qualification from the recognized higher institution of learning.
- Knowledge of Cisco routing and switching, VPN connectivity.
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office
How To Apply for IRA Uganda Jobs 2020:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join us in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications together with copies of detailed up-to-date CVs with at least three referees to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Insurance Regulatory Authority of Uganda
Plot 5 Kyadondo Road, Legacy Towers, Block B, 2nd Floor
P.O. Box 22855, Kampala
Or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 7th September 2020.