Job Title: 3 Impact Field Officers– ACTED Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development( ACTED )
Duty Station: Kampala.
ACTED Uganda Profile:
ACTED is an independent international, private, non-partisan and non-profit organization that operates according to principles of strict neutrality, political and religious impartiality, and non-discrimination. ACTED was created in 1993 to support populations affected by the conflict in Afghanistan. Based in Paris, France, ACTED now operates in 38 countries worldwide. ACTED sectors of intervention include emergency relief, food security, health promotion, economic development, education & training, microfinance, local governance & institutional support, and cultural promotion.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Data collection in the field
• Provide high quality enumerator training to ensure familiarity with all assessment objectives and tools
• Pilot survey tools in the field and provide feedback to the assessment team to improve tools
• Supervise collection of data in the field in line with specified tools and methodology
• Ensure completion of accurate survey forms from enumeration teams, check them, and send to the assessment analysis team
• Adhere to specified assessment timelines, communicating any delays and challenges encountered during data collection in a timely manner
• Ensure compliance with data collection plans, in terms of enumerator productivity
• Ensure the quality of data collected is based on the IMPACT quality standards. Check data thoroughly on a daily basis, following up with the database and GIS officers on all data quality issues. Track enumerator errors and provide further support to specific enumerators as required.
• Provide technical support to enumeration teams
• Conduct daily debriefs with enumeration teams.
• Ensure timely deployment of enumerators/data collection team leaders on a daily basis
• Coordinate daily movement plans, with support from Senior Field Officers or Field Manager
• Under the supervision of the Senior Field Officer, liaise with and continuously develop relationships
• with relevant stakeholders including Government and other partner agencies on matters relevant to the assessments
• Ensure needed approvals and clearances are granted by local officials prior to any field work
• Ensure compliance with Government and IMPACT regulations to enhance safe data collection
• Enforce compliance with the ACTED code of conduct by enumeration teams
• Ensure enumeration teams comply with the ACTED safety and security measures
• Ensure that enumeration teams comply with the specific SOP for data collection during Covid-19.
• Coordinate enumerator payments on a timely basis with support staff in finance and logistics
• Ensure proper tracking, management and deployment of assets (phones, tablets, other data collection equipment) in field locations
• Ensure a daily tracking of assets and communicate emerging issues
• Coordinate and communicate movement plans to the Senior Field Officer and logistics department in a timely manner
• Manage payments and all finances in the field, collecting the required documentation for compliance. Share documentation in a timely manner, adhering to determined timelines
• Ensure compliance with ACTED logistics and finance policies and procedures
Security and safety
• Ensure that the enumeration teams adhere to the ACTED safety and security protocols.
• Liaise with the Senior Field Officer and Field Manager on all matters pertaining to field security immediately.
• Communicate to the Senior Field Officer all security incidents that may have an impact on field activities in a timely manner.
• Ensure the privacy and security of information collected in the field adhering to IMPACT’s data protection policies.
• Ensure that assessment respondents are treated with respect and uphold their individual dignity.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
• A Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (social science, development studies) required
• Minimum of two years of experience in humanitarian or development organizations, preferably in a field-based position
• Willingness and ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced field environment for extended periods of the time required
• Excellent inter-personal, communication and report writing skills
• Knowledgeable in community mobilisation and community development
• Strong skills with the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
• Experience using ODK for quantitative data collection, or the ability to rapidly master the process
• Experience conducting focus group discussions
• Experience collecting information using hand-held GPS devices
• Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility
• Prior experience working in refugee settlements an asset.
• Written and spoken fluency in English required; Working knowledge of other refugee languages is an asset (Juba Arabic, Acholi, Madi, Kuku, Dinka, Nuer, Bari, Somali, Swahili, French, Kinyarwanda, Kirundi, and others)
• Demonstrable ability to take initiative, work as part of a team, and work independently with minimal supervision.
How To Apply for Acted Uganda Jobs 2020:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates are encouraged to apply by uploading an application/cover letter accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and academic qualifications as a single PDF document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work-related referees and contacts; and the academic documents to email@example.com
Note: The subject line should be; APPLICATION FOR IMPACT FIELD OFFICER POSITION–UGANDA. Note that Applications sent without this exact subject line will not be shortlisted.
Deadline: 19th August 2020