Job Title: Receptionist Volunteer – IRC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kampala.
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Uganda Profile:
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and help people to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees and displaced people forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40+ countries and in 29 U.S. cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Front Office Management
- Ensure that reception services are provided in such a fashion that visitors are provided with a warm welcome and that their needs are swiftly attended to
- Ensure that all incoming communications (telephone calls, letters, email etc.) are responded to professionally and reliably passed on to the appropriate person(s)
- Ensure that the mails are collected from the post office on a regular interval and ensure timely distribution of mail/messages
- Ensure all newspapers are received and tracked for effective accountability.
- Ensuring that the office environment is clean, well-organized and attractive and that break tea is provided to a high standard of quality and hygiene
- Ensure that Office equipment is switched off accordingly and the premises securely closed.
Utility Management (Electricity, Water, Garbage, Phone, Security, Internet etc.)
- Maintain Petty cash register and ensure petty cash reconciliation.
- Ensure that all office utility bills, subscriptions and office rent are paid on time in liaison with the Finance and Admin Officer
- Ensure that all subscriptions (email, internet) and other service contracts (photocopier and other machinery servicing contracts) are renewed in a timely manner in liaison with the Senior IT officer
- Under the supervision of the Finance and Admin Officer, compile and submit MTN-CUG telephone numbers by the 20th of every monthly
- Prepare monthly utility reports and submit timely to the Finance & Admin Officer or designate.
Events Management (Conference/Meetings) and Travels (in-Country) Management
- Coordinate weekly, monthly staff meetings and ensure efficient distribution of minutes, workshops, seminars and conferences for the Urban office
- Coordinate and arrange staff parties.
- Secretarial task- Ensure OADM forms/Templates are replenished and updated.
- Read and become knowledgeable of the IRC Admin and HR Policies and Procedures.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Diploma/Higher education in Secretarial Studies, Business administration or any other related course.
- At least 2 years of experience in similar position.
- Proven skills in administration and Secretarial services.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal skills
- Good administrative skills
- Strong written and oral English communications skills
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Must be able to work independently while being a strong team player.
- Strong skills in collaboration with multi-cultural and diverse teams
- A team builder with excellent people skills; must be culturally sensitive.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2020:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates are encouraged to apply by sending their application/cover letter accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae through the link below:
Deadline: August 24th 2020.