Job Title: Social Extension Worker – Send a Cow Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Send a Cow Uganda
Duty Station: Pakwach District
Send a Cow Uganda Profile:
Send a Cow is a grassroots livelihood development non-governmental organization which, was founded in 1988 as a response to combating poverty and malnutrition in Uganda and now organises community groups with the principle of Passing on Gifts of knowledge and skills in agronomy, business and vocational education through the extension service delivery model. Send a Cow designs development solutions with, and for the communities to get back the skills and confidence they need to get the most from the resources around them such as land. Currently works in the North, Central and Eastern parts of Uganda targeting vulnerable households, youth and smallholder farmers. Send a Cow Uganda is seeking qualified candidates to fill the following positions for its Living With Wild Life Project which will be implemented in Pakwach District.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conduct beneficiary training for purposes of group development in gender and social development.
- Provide technical support during farm visits to ensure compliance to gender and social development standards.
- Ensure that the project beneficiaries, community and partners have a clear understanding of social inclusion and disability mainstreaming.
- Liaison with group executives to ensure group registration and signing of MOUs between the group and SACU.
- Provide mentoring and coaching of peer farmer trainers and group executives on leadership and disability mainstreaming.
- Participate in group and staff meetings and reporting.
- Developing quarterly and annual work plans and budgets.
- Provide counselling and guidance to project beneficiaries.
- Identify key service providers for support and referral of people with disabilities.
- Develop monthly, quarterly, annual reports and project progress reports.
- Participate in community needs assessment for proposal writing.
- Prepare groups for self-governance and sustainability after project graduation.
- Maintain appropriate networks and collaboration with other development agencies and local government at Sub County and district.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Degree in Social Works & Social Administration/ Development studies/ Social Sciences or any related field or Diploma in Social Works & Social Administration/ Development studies/ Social Sciences or any related field with 5 years’ experience.
- Rich field and community development work experience
- Knowledge in extension services delivery
- Experience of monitoring and managing budgets and work plans
- Experience in NGO work.
- Experience in research and development
- Ability to encourage and enable the rural poor, working within their communities
- Ability to deliver training programmes
- Ability to build high quality group dynamics
- Ability to manage conflict and deal positively with setbacks
- Good communication skills
- Report writing skills
- Basic Excel and Database skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good networking skills.
- Able to work well with government and other development partners
- Motor bike riding skills with a valid riding permit
- Good computer skills.
How To Apply for Send A Cow Uganda Jobs 2020:
Download and fill in the application form provided for each job listing using the link below:
• Attach a comprehensive CV, certified copies of transcripts and certificates
• Provide examples of 3 key achievements which demonstrate at least one of the competencies identified as key for the position.
• Submit applications online to; firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the position in the subject line.
Deadline: Monday, 7th September 2020 at 5.00p.m. EAT.