Job Title: Driver – Send a Cow Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Send a Cow Uganda
Duty Station: Pakwach District
Send a Cow Uganda Profile:
Send a Cow is a grassroots livelihood development non-governmental organization which, was founded in 1988 as a response to combating poverty and malnutrition in Uganda and now organises community groups with the principle of Passing on Gifts of knowledge and skills in agronomy, business and vocational education through the extension service delivery model. Send a Cow designs development solutions with, and for the communities to get back the skills and confidence they need to get the most from the resources around them such as land. Currently works in the North, Central and Eastern parts of Uganda targeting vulnerable households, youth and smallholder farmers. Send a Cow Uganda is seeking qualified candidates to fill the following positions for its Living With Wild Life Project which will be implemented in Pakwach District.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Drive SACU vehicles to specified destinations as approved by the supervisor in line with vehicle usage policy.
- Monitor the provision of security of vehicle, authorized passengers and luggage in line with the vehicle policy.
- Report all major and minor damages and accidents on the vehicle at hand to the supervisor in line with the SACU vehicle policies.
- Deliver packages, goods and mails to specified places and offices in line with the Organizational policies.
- Check the vehicle status/condition e.g. Engine oil, water, nuts, battery water, license, Third party insurance, brakes, tyre pressure etc prior to any journey in line with the vehicle policy.
- Prepare and make vehicle monthly reports in line with the vehicle policy.
- Carry out regular vehicle checks and repairs e.g. (Correcting hard start, tightening bolts and nuts, topping up battery water, etc in line with the Organization policy.
- Provide support to field staff carrying out field surveys and evaluations in line with the Organization policy.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Must have Uganda Certificate of Education.
- At least 5 years driving experience
- Stage II of Motor vehicle Mechanics (maintenance) Certificate is desirable.
- Skills in defensive driving.
How To Apply for Send A Cow Uganda Jobs 2020:
Download and fill in the application form provided for each job listing using the link below:
• Attach a comprehensive CV, certified copies of transcripts and certificates
• Provide examples of 3 key achievements which demonstrate at least one of the competencies identified as key for the position.
• Submit applications online to; email@example.com mentioning the position in the subject line.
Deadline: Monday, 7th September 2020 at 5.00p.m. EAT.