Job Title: 3 WPE Social Workers – IRC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: International Rescue Council (IRC)
Duty Station: Rhino, Uganda
The WPE Social Worker will provide case management and psychosocial support to refugee and host community women and girls in within Ocea in Rhino Camp. He/She will provide women and girls access to information, services, and build informal support networks with other women at the Women Center and via mobile services. The Social Worker will provide case management services to survivors of GBV, as well as psychosocial support and counselling to clients and support with non-GBV cases. The SW will employ a survivor-centred approach to ensure that the client’s wishes are respected, and her safety and confidentiality are preserved at all times through the case management process.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with WPE Response Officer to develop and oversee activities for women and girls.
- Identify and implement timely, survivor-centred and age-appropriate case management services and psychosocial support to all clients reached by the WPE team and ensuring strict adherence to the GBV guiding principles (Safety and Security, Confidentiality, Respect and No Discrimination).
- Identify available services and coordinate referrals based on the wishes and consent of the survivor.
- Advocate with partner organizations supporting GBV survivors to provide additional confidential services to clients, in accordance with their wishes and GBV guiding principles.
- Utilize GBV data management tools (GBVIMS) and systems to record information about clients accessing services, in line with the principle of confidentiality, and utilize aggregate information to improve service delivery.
- Support the development and utilization of zone-specific referral pathway for GBV cases.
- Create and maintain a welcoming and safe environment through the IRC mobile teams and at the Women Centers.
- Support capacity building and coordination activities in zone settings, including by delivering training sessions to local partner organizations on case management principles, GBV core concepts, GBV guiding principles, etc.
- Maintain a positive relationship with Women Committee(s), WPE volunteers and other community-based groups to ensure they are involved in the activities of the WPE mobile team and they play an active role in the referral pathway.
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with all organizations working in the context to facilitate referrals and joint activities, while upholding IRC’s standard in GBV programming.
- Conduct regular follow-ups, compile daily & weekly reports, and attend weekly case review meetings.
- Develop and maintain work plans to achieve target indicators.
- Attend WPE and IRC meetings and trainings as needed and as requested by senior staff.
- University degree in Social Sciences (i.e. social work, counseling, sociology, psychology, gender studies, human rights, etc.).
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience in the provision of GBV Case management services in a post conflict situation/location.
- Experience supervising psychosocial programs, providing psychosocial support or case management, and/or working on gender-based violence (GBV) and women’s empowerment.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills and ability to present ideas effectively, in both oral and written form.
- Ability to communicate sensitively and without judgment; good diplomatic and persuasion skills.
- Ability to use good judgment when making decisions and to take accountability for decisions made.
- Emotional maturity and stability to resolve conflicts in a non-violent way and maintain appropriate boundaries.
- Good interpersonal skills including ability to gain trust and build relationships.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks; proven self-initiative and problem solving abilities.
- High standard of spoken and written English.
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, and Power Point.
- Be able to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2020:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates are encouraged to apply by sending their application/cover letter accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae through the link below:
Deadline: September 7th 2020