IRC Uganda Jobs 2020 – WPE Response Officer
Job Title: WPE Response Officer – IRC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: International Rescue Council (IRC)
Duty Station: Rhino, Uganda
The WPE Response Officer oversees, coordinates and monitors GBV case management and psychosocial Support services, and ensures women and girls who are survivors of gender based violence (GBV) receive quality services that are needed and desired. The Response Officer is also responsible for training and supervising the WPE Social Workers, coordinating with humanitarian partners in the field and other IRC programs, and for ensuring proper utilization of the referral pathway. The Response Oficer will ensure that all GBV Response staff employ a survivor-centered approach to ensure that the clients’ wishes are respected and their safety are preserved at all times through the case management process.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Program Design and Implementation
- In close consultation with the WPE Manager, oversee, coordinate and monitor the provision of quality GBV case management services.
- Participate in the development of the case management and Psychosocial Support (PSS) tools and resources, GBV information materials, and PSS activities for women and girls in target communities, and support their implementation.
- Support roll out of new initiatives e.g. Women Rise tool kit and risk mitigation audits
- Support implementation of the VSLA activities, business advisory, life-skills training offered to women and girls at the Women and Girls Centers.
- Monitor field work and support social workers to provide quality, timely and age-appropriate survivor-centered case management services and psychosocial support to all clients in the Women and Girls Center ensuring strict adherence to the GBV guiding principles (Safety and Security, Confidentiality, Respect and No Discrimination)
- Initiate, oversee and ensure proper use of the referral pathway in the provision of case management services.
Coordination and Networking
- Lead weekly case review meetings with Social Workers and case conferencing meetings on as needed basis to troubleshoot more complex cases and ensure best support for the client.
- Advocate on behalf of clients with GBV service providers and other organizations to ensure effective referrals and increased access to services for clients in accordance with the survivors wishes.
- Collaborate with programme staff and operations to ensure that supplies are available for WPE activities in a timely manner and resources are available to support events, trainings, and workshops.
- Participate and represent WPE program in relevant committees, clusters, task forces, and zone level coordination meetings.
Communication and Reporting
- Set up and maintain client files and ensure all required documentation in individual case files is completed in a timely manner and according to confidentiality guidelines, GBV guiding principles and IRC standards.
- Oversee data collection through GBV Information Management System (GBVIMS) and activity M&E tools and systems, ensuring strict adherence to confidentiality and GBV best practice principles.
- Submit daily, weekly, and monthly comprehensive work plans and reports to WPE Manager.
- Coordinate with the M & E Officer to analyze the information about GBV incidents and clients accessing the services, and make recommendations to improve service delivery.
- Carry out performance management evaluation (PME) and ensure PME documentation for direct reports is in place and followed up regularly.
- Support to complete monthly cash projections, spend out plans and raise PRs for needed supplies.
- Provide continuous feedback to supervisor on any challenges in the work implementation to be addressed directly with corrective steps/measures if needed.
- Assist in the orientation of new staff by providing them with the necessary documents and materials for orientation.
- Ensure compliance with IRC policies and protocols of confidentiality, respect and safety.
- University degree in Social Sciences: Social Work, Gender/Women Studies, Public Health, or other appropriate fields
- At least 2 years’ experience in the field of Gender-based violence Response activities in an emergency setting
- Ability to communicate sensitively and without judgment; good diplomatic and persuasion skills.
- Ability to use good judgment when making decisions and to take accountability for decisions made.
- Emotional maturity and stability to resolve conflicts in non-violent way and maintain appropriate boundaries.
- Good interpersonal skills including ability to gain trust and build relationships.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks; proven self-initiative and problem solving abilities.
- High standard of spoken and written English.
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, and Power Point.
- Be able to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2020:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates are encouraged to apply by sending their application/cover letter accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae through the link below:
Deadline: September 7th 2020
Get Email Job Updates
Search Jobs Here
Most Popular Jobs
- Administrative Assistant – USAID Uganda
- 22 Youth Field Assistant – Ripple Effect Uganda
- Administrative Assistant – UGANDA NATIONAL OIL COMPANY
- 2022 Graduate Apprenticeship Program – UDB
- Driver – UN Regional Service Centre
- Storekeeper – U.S Embassy Kampala
- Q-Sourcing Uganda Jobs 2022 – No Experience Graduate Trainee Program
- Graduate Logistics Intern – WFP Uganda
- Research Assistant – Infectious Diseases Institute
- Bank of Africa Jobs 2022 – No Experience Graduate Recruitment Program
Categories: Jobs In Uganda
- Accounting Jobs In Uganda (408)
- Administration & Secretarial Jobs In Uganda (1,149)
- Agricultural Jobs In Uganda (150)
- Auditing Jobs In Uganda (100)
- Aviation Jobs In Uganda (44)
- Banking Jobs In Uganda (362)
- Beauty and Saloon Jobs In Uganda (1)
- Building and Construction Jobs In Uganda (1)
- Business & Development Jobs In Uganda (262)
- Call Centre Jobs In Uganda (31)
- Career Advice (12)
- Catering Jobs In Uganda (19)
- Communications Jobs In Uganda (90)
- Counselling Jobs In Uganda (41)
- Customer Care Jobs In Uganda (105)
- Data Collection Entry and Analysis Jobs In Uganda (313)
- Debt Collection Jobs In Uganda (21)
- Driving Jobs In Uganda (168)
- Education Teaching and Lecturing Jobs In Uganda (123)
- Embassy Jobs In Uganda (60)
- Engineering Jobs In Uganda (345)
- Entrepreneurship (1)
- Environment Jobs in Uganda (65)
- Fashion Design Jobs (1)
- Fast Food & Restaurant Jobs (7)
- Field Jobs in Uganda (288)
- Finance Jobs (613)
- Food Science and Nutrition Jobs in Uganda (78)
- Freelancing Jobs (1)
- Front Desk Jobs in Uganda (63)
- Geoscience Jobs in Uganda (4)
- Graduate Trainee Jobs in Uganda (311)
- Graphics & Design Jobs (8)
- Guidance & Counseling Jobs (16)
- Health & Safety Jobs in Uganda (50)
- Hospitality & Tourism Jobs in Uganda (40)
- Hotel Jobs (17)
- Human Resource Jobs in Uganda (206)
- Human Rights Jobs (27)
- ICT and Computer Jobs (431)
- Insurance Jobs in Uganda (79)
- Internal Audit Jobs in Uganda (18)
- Internships & Trainings in Uganda (457)
- Laboratory Jobs in Uganda (105)
- Land Surveying Jobs (2)
- Legal Jobs (110)
- Manufacturing Jobs (14)
- Marketing Jobs (142)
- Media and Mass Communications Jobs (58)
- Medical & Health Jobs In Uganda (421)
- Micro finance Jobs in Uganda (125)
- Monitoring and Evaluation Jobs in Uganda (235)
- NGO Jobs in Uganda (2,408)
- No Experience Jobs in Uganda (595)
- Nursing Jobs in Uganda (17)
- Oil and Gas Jobs (4)
- Part Time Jobs in Uganda (34)
- Pharmacy Jobs in Uganda (19)
- Procurement & Supply Chain Jobs in Uganda (196)
- Projects Management Jobs in Uganda (285)
- Public Relations Jobs in Uganda (11)
- Real Estate Jobs in Uganda (5)
- Receptionist Jobs in Uganda (42)
- Records Library and Document Control Jobs (76)
- Research Jobs In Uganda (106)
- Sales and Marketing Jobs in Uganda (310)
- Scholarships for Ugandans (10)
- Social Work Jobs in Uganda (205)
- Sports Jobs (1)
- Statistics Job in Uganda (61)
- Stores Management Jobs in Uganda (95)
- Supervisor Jobs (3)
- Taxation Jobs in Uganda (15)
- Telecom Jobs in Uganda (27)
- Translator Jobs (3)
- Transport and Logistics Jobs in Uganda (133)
- Typing jobs (2)
- Uganda Government jobs (256)
- UN jobs in Uganda (345)
- Uncategorized (308)
- Veterinary Jobs in Uganda (4)
- Volunteer jobs in Uganda (81)