Job Title: 4 Agriculture Extension Officers – MAAIF Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF)
Duty Station: Buvuma
Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF) Profile:
The Government of Uganda (GoU) has received a loan from the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) towards financing a ten-year National Oil Palm Project (NOPP). The project is being implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF) as the Lead Project Agency, in partnership with other agencies, private sector and farmer Organisations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Mobilize farmers into groups for delivery of Extension services.
• Identify farmer’s need and provide responses as appropriate.
• Assist the farmers and their leaders (Unit and Block) to identify suitable land and plan the schedules for the recommended services and farm inputs for oil palm establishment.
• Oversee the oil palm establishment stages in land preparation, lining, planting, crop maintenance, FFB harvesting and collection at Block level and unit level.
• Provide Agricultural Advisory and Training service to oil palm farmers in collaboration with Agricultural staff at the District Local Government and the Private Sector.
• Carry out agronomic demonstrations, training or exposure of farmers to best oil palm agronomic practices.
• Conduct in-field training sessions on correct use and application of fertilizers and crop protection products.
• Provide technical advice to non-oil palm farmers participating in other project-supported agricultural enterprises, in addition to oil palm.
• Supervise and monitor the performance of farmers’ activities in oil palm cultivation.
• In liaison with the Credit Officer, sensitize farmers on savings and credit.
• Support the Farmer Loan Application Process.
• Technically assess stages of oil palm development for approval of farmers’ loan payments.
• Participate in preparation of work plans, budgets and reports as required by the Hub, PMU and other relevant authorities.
• Ensuring timely and accurate reporting of all activities to the Hub Manager.
• Perform other duties related to the project as assigned by the Hub Manager from time to time.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
• Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Agriculture Extension, Agribusiness, Agricultural Land use and Management or related field from a recognized Institution.
• A postgraduate qualification in the related field.
• Knowledge of Oil Palm Agronomy is an added advantage
• 5 years’ experience in working in relevant field
• Fluent in English and a working knowledge of the local languages in the Hub.
• Computer literate in at least MS Office Word and Excel packages.
Other general qualifications:
• Be a Ugandan citizen with a National Identification card
• Have general knowledge of project and business management with emphasis on work planning, budgeting and reporting;
• Be computer literate and well versed in the use of word, excel and internet;
• Be self-motivated and have the ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision to meet deadlines;
• Be fluent in English – written and oral and demonstrate excellent report writing skills;
• Possess advanced advocacy, communication and negotiation skills and ability to work as a team member;
• Be conversant with rural development strategies and gender equity;
• Have a working knowledge of GOU policies, operations and reforms;
How To Apply For MAAIF Uganda Jobs 2020:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit written applications with copies of academic credentials, testimonials and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating contact details of three (03) referees should be addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries,
And hand-deliver them to the Ministry Registry located at Plot No.14 Lugard Road Entebbe P.O. Box 102 Entebbe.
Deadline: Monday 12th October, 2020 at 4.00pm