Job Title: Health Assistant – IRC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: International Rescue Committee
Duty Station: Bidibidi, Uganda
International Rescue Committee Profile:
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and help people to survive, recover, and gain control of their future.
Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees and displaced people forced to flee from war or disaster.
At work today in over 40+ countries and in 29 U.S. cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Implement community Based Environmental Health Activities
- Enforce environmental Health Act, Regulations and By-laws
- Account for allocated resources
- Compile and submit relevant basic health data to the Health Inspector and or Community Health officer
- Carry out research activities.
- Compile quarterly sanitation data coverage for the catchment area
- Conduct daily supervision of hygiene and sanitation for the catchment area
- Compile and submit monthly community CBHIS
- Supervise VHT activities within the Catchment area
- Conduct bi weekly meetings
- Support client follow-up for defaulting clients especially TB and HIV, and where applicable supervise CB dots
- Conduct health education and health promotion both at health facility level and Community
- Provide regular feedback on community activities of the program.
- Assist in preparation of donor reports;
- Participate in the development and implementation of program work plans.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Must have a Certificate in Environmental Health Science or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Must be registered and licensed with the Allied Health Professionals Council.
- At least 2 years of work experience, with field experience in a health and nutrition project implementation
- Computer skills
- Counselling skills
- Teaching/Facilitation skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
How To Apply For IRC Uganda Jobs 2020
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their CVs and Application online via the link below:
Deadline: Thursday October 15th,2020