Job Title: IT Support Assistant – Living Goods Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Living Goods
Duty Station: Kampala
Project & Job Profile:
Do you want your work to matter? Do you want to use your skills to make a difference, not just a living? Do you want to improve millions of lives, including your own?
Living Goods works to reinvent how we improve the lives of the under-served. We think big, but operate small and nimble. We train community health workers to bring life-saving products and health services to families’ doorsteps. Services like prenatal assessments and well-baby visits. Products like medicines, fortified foods, and modern contraceptives.
As an IT Support Assistant you will implement and support Living Goods’ mission critical mobile tools. Based in Kampala, you will work with our branch-based Technology and Operations teams, which will require frequent travel across Uganda.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Deliver Optimal services over the network. Rectify network and system failures.
- Implement the delivery of network connections to various locations in branch offices and continuous monitoring of the entire network
- Maintain centralized documentation of all network system changes and inventory of all such systems
- Ensure apt security levels on network, infrastructure and servers are maintained
- Oversee consistent internet connectivity at the two HQ offices
General IT Support
- Support users in accessing resources like printers, internet, emails, box sync, Living Goods Applications, projectors, laptops, workplace etc. Train users on basic IT Support like on how to use, printers, outlook, setting up projectors, installing applications, working with Box Sync.
- Taking ownership of incidents/problems; actioning and updating logged tickets and ensuring escalation paths are followed
- Installing hardware and software including: Office workstation, Operating Systems, Email, Box sync, Quick Books, Modems, Antivirus, ERP, LG Apps and other needed software
- Issue out devices to staff members and third parties. Maintain a database of all issued devices and handle major device repairs
- Carry out IT equipment setup and maintenances.
LG staff Training
- Hold refresher IT trainings for all staff which focus on: Microsoft package skills, LG Smart Health and Supervisor App, Basic Android troubleshooting techniques, Computer use, IT assets use and maintenances, ERP & POS use
- Ensure to practice IT asset management inclusive of component inventory maintenance and associated documentation
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- 2 years+ of work experience in information technology. A minimum of 1 year in a similar position
- BSc in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or related field
- ITIL/Comptia A+/Comptia Network+ or related is a must
- Experience with system monitoring and benchmarking
- Customer Care experience
- Knowledge of wireless systems and data communications,
- Understanding of the Android operating system
- Microsoft Windows OS Administration and Operating systems proficiency
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
How To Apply For Living Goods Uganda Jobs 2020
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their CVs and Application online via the link below:
Deadline: Open until unavailable.