IRC Uganda Jobs 2020 – Finance Officer
Job Title: Finance Officer – IRC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: International Rescue Committee
Duty Station: Kyegegwa Town Council
International Rescue Committee Uganda Profile:
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and help people to survive, recover, and gain control of their future.
Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees and displaced people forced to flee from war or disaster.
At work today in over 40+ countries and in 29 U.S. cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Acting at all times in accordance with the country law and standards of accounting practice.
- Contribute to the overall objective of the Finance department of providing quality support service to all sectors.
- Manage all aspects of day to day operations of the accounting department.
- Assist in the implementation of finance policies, procedures and systems at the field offices.
- rovide training to program staff on IRC finance matters
- Review payment vouchers, ensuring completeness of the documentation and consistency with IRC policies and procedures.
- Review of Field finance data files for accuracy, completeness and correctness of descriptions, amounts and coding.
- Validate captured accounting entries in SUN Account, ensuring accuracy and completeness of the process.
- Liaison with the bank on all banking issues and carrying out monthly bank reconciliation.
- Complete end-of-month tasks in a timely manner, with minimal to no errors.
- Perform periodical backup and restore procedures for SUN database locally and externally, ensuring existence of a proper data retention and recovery system.
- Consolidate monthly cash projections and submit the same to Kampala in a timely manner.
- In liaison with supply chain department, prepare commitment schedules every month and share the same with supervisor and country office finance controller or designee.
- Assist the Operations Manager and Field Coordinator in the preparation of finance related reports for use in decision making at both field and head office levels.
- Carry out monthly reconciliation of program advances and charges related to staff personal accounts (T7) and advise the supervisor on course taken to settle outstanding balances.
- Participate as gatekeeper in ensuring that all transactions are in accordance with IRC financial policies and grant agreements.
- Provide support to both external and internal audit processes that are undertake at the field office
- Work hand in hand with the FPC to prepare and update the field office operating budget
- Implement the shared program costs (SPC) allocation at the field office
- Participate and provide technical support in grant opening and closing meetings
- Conduct pre-award assessments and monitoring visits to sub grantees
- Review reports submitted by sub grantees confirming accuracy and compliance to the terms of the agreement and submit the same to the senior finance manager for posting into IRC accounting system
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Commerce or Finance, or full qualification in a recognized Accounting professional body.
- Minimum of three years of accounting experience preferably in an international NGO.
- At least a minimum of 1 year hands-on experience working with SUN, VISION and EXCEL.
- Excellent interpersonal, supervisory and organizational skills;
- Ability to work with computers.
- Effective communication, problem solving and decision making skills.
- The ability to work under pressure.
How To Apply For IRC Uganda Jobs 2020:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send your applications via the link below:
Deadline: 1st November 2020