Job Title: Procurement and Logistics Assistant – DCA Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: DanChurchAid (DCA)
Duty Station: Arua Office, West Nile Region
DanChurchAid (DCA) Uganda Profile:
DanChurchAid is a faith-based, non-missionary relief and development organization based in Copenhagen, Denmark, and founded in 1922. Our key competencies are food security and food crisis response, humanitarian cash transfer programming, civil society development and humanitarian mine action. DCA is a member of the ACT Alliance, which is a faith-based, non-missionary humanitarian alliance, and one of the five largest NGO Alliances in the world with a combined turnover of over 1.5 billion USD annually.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conduct activities associated with the delivery and receipt of goods and services from vendors while adhering to the set guidelines
- Liaise with finance and program teams to ensure purchase requests are supported by budget availability prior to procurement.
- Produce request for quotations (RFQs) and ensure proper bid analysis is undertaken by the procurement committee.
- Prepare contracts with suppliers, and ensure necessary annexes including code of conducts are attached as deemed necessary.
- Maintain a well-organized filing and documentation system for all the procurement documents processed in the department.
- Participate in procurement activities while ensuring the set prologue standards and guidelines are followed.
- Take part in the proper management of organizational vehicles including timely servicing, coordination of activities and allocation schedules to avoid shortages.
- Maintain an effective storage and inventory system, including updates on monthly basis.
- Supervise drivers and other service staff as maybe assigned.
- Support in ensuring the security of the employees and organizational assets at all times through compliance to organizational safety and security guidelines.
- Support the projects staff to prepare procurement documents, and provide regular updates on procurement status
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- B.Sc. in procurement and logistics, supply chain management, or another relevant discipline
- At least 3 years’ experience working in procurement, logistics and administration in a humanitarian setting.
- Proven capacity to plan, organize, and prioritize tasks to meet objectives and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Previous experience with International NGOs, and hardship areas is advantageous
How To Apply For DCA Uganda Jobs 2020:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications via the link below:
Deadline: 11th November 2020