Job Title: Administrative Assistant – IDI Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Vacancy Code: AA-X036
Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) Profile:
The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is a Ugandan not-for-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To work closely with Chief Investigator, Project Leader, Clinical Trial Manager, Study Coordinators and the IDI Research Office to support the implementation of activities in line with clinical trial’s regulations and approved program work plans.
- Manage the logistics of all NADIA meetings, including international face-to-face trial steering committee and investigators meetings, teleconferences and video conferences.
- Render support in the preparation of meeting materials, produce meeting minutes, follow-up and document the resolution of emerging action items.
- Assist with preparation of presentation materials such as protocol deviation and data query summary graphics for presentation at meetings, reports and promotional activities.
- Assist in ethics and regulatory submissions, approvals, renewals and generation of the annual report to the ethics committee in collaboration with the Clinical Trial Manager, Project Leader and Regulatory Officer.
- Work closely with the Research Office to ensure reporting of all study-related serious adverse events and protocol deviations to the Ugandan ethics committee, the National Drug Authority and the Uganda National Council for Science and Technology.
- File and maintain, with guidance from senior staff, key documents in Electronic Project File and central electronic document repository for sites (“e-ISF”).
- Assist in the generation and maintenance of TMF for the coordinating centre in collaboration with the Regulatory Officer. Works with the Ugandan lead site on maintaining the Ugandan regulatory file.
- Support day-to-day secretariat activities including the study-related requisitions.
- Ensure the timely delivery of logistical supplies to study sites and maintain a directory/inventory of study equipment delivered to sites at head office.
- Managing the petty cash float and ensure its timely replenishment to support study activities at the Coordinating Centre level.
- Support the Chief Investigator, Project Leader, Clinical Trial Manager, Study Coordinators and the IDI Research Office to ensure timely resolution o administrative and operational problems at the coordinating centre and study sites.
- Any other duties as assigned
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree or diploma in a relevant field (Business administration, Development studies, Social Sciences etc.) with a minimum of one year of relevant work experience. Candidates with no degree or diploma but two years of relevant work experience will also be considered.
- Good secretarial skills, including advanced knowledge and abilities in MS Excel, Word and other common software programs.
- Ability to troubleshoot simple day-to-day technical office operational problems and proactively communicate to team members.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including strong writing skills.
- Ability to priorities and complete requests in a timely fashion
- Quick learner capable of multi-tasking where required.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures with regard to, gathering compiling and filing information
How To Apply For IDI Uganda Jobs 2020:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send CVs, including details of email address, present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address. Email your application and CV to email@example.com
Deadline: 11th November 2020