Job Title: 6 Systems Administrators – PSC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Public Service Commission
Duty Station: Uganda
Public Service Commission Uganda Profile:
The Public Service Commission is established under the provisions of Article 165(1) of the 1995 Constitution. In fulfilment of its functions under Article 166, the Commission is required to make a report to Parliament in respect of each year’s performance of its functions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Installing and configuring software and hardware;
• Managing network servers and technology tools;
• Setting up accounts and work stations;
• Monitoring performance and maintaining Information Technology systems according to requirements;
• Troubleshooting issues and outages;
• Ensuring security through access controls, backups and firewalls;
• Upgrading Information Technology systems with new releases and models;
• Building an internal Wi-Fi with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies;
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Applicants should be Ugandans in possession of an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science, or Information Science; or Library and Information Science; or Bachelor of Science in Statistics; or Mathematics; or Physics; or Electrical Engineering; or Electronics from a recognized University/Institution.
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management, knowledge of system security and data backups/recovery and being familiar with various operating systems and platforms will be an added advantage.
How To Apply For PSC Uganda Jobs 2020:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send your application and complete Curriculum Vitae
• Scan, attach and submit on-line recent passport size photograph and relevant documents (‘O’ Level, ‘A’ Level, Degree Transcript and Certificates only);
• Each attachment must not exceed a limit of 1MB and only Portable Document Format (PDF) is allowed;
- a)Visit the website https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors
- b)Click and Register as a new user to create your account and complete your profile (starting with your biodata moving downwards).
- c)if you already have an account, simply sign in and update your profile.
- d)Click on Jobs then Advertised Jobs in the menu. Select the Advert to view the jobs therein.
- e)Click on the job from the list of advertised jobs.
- f)View the job details and click apply.
- g)Review your application and submit it.
Deadline: 02 December 2020