Job Title: Logistics Officer – Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Mercy Corps
Duty Station: Uganda
Mercy Corps Uganda Profile:
Mercy Corps has been present in Uganda since 2006, focusing its interventions on economic and agricultural development, maternal child health and nutrition, governance, conflict management and humanitarian response. With funding from USAID, DFID, ECHO, Sweden Government, Swiss Development Cooperation and private foundations including MasterCard Mercy Corps has been able to work together with communities in Uganda to respond to the needs of our target population, which is focused on youth and more specifically adolescent girls.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The Logistics Officer ensures that procedures outlined in the Mercy Corps Asset Management Manual are implemented.
- Responsible for logging all-new Mercy Corps assets in the asset register and ensuring the appropriate coding and tags are placed on each item. Regularly updates asset register with changes and new acquisitions;
- Responsible for checking in/out Mercy Corps owned equipment to authorized staff using the standard Mercy Corps procedures and forms outlined in the Asset Management Manual;
- Provides regular physical count/check of all assets and confirm their status and condition;
- Coordinate with the responsible officer for tracking assets in other offices to ensure the locations and status of assets that have moved between offices;
- Update the electronic database monthly and provide an electronic copy to supervisor and Operations Manager; A hard copy is printed, signed and filed in the assets folder;
- Advises colleagues on guidelines of Mercy Corps asset and equipment use guidelines.
- Ensure all lost, damage, sold, stolen (or other) items are properly recorded in with an approved Disposal of Assets form. Ensure any necessary, supplement documentation is completed;
- Assists and coordinate project staff on inventory issues. Assist in providing end of project reports on inventory and equipment lists, locations and status;
- Maintain inventories of all Mercy Corps premises (non-expendable properties) conduct regular checks (quarterly), Office and Guest House.
- Follow the Mercy Corps Warehouse Policy and Procedures Guidelines;
- Daily coordination of MC logistical, warehouse and asset management activities;
- Ensure the timely dispatch, delivery of supplies to field offices and project locations;
- Has a full understanding of MC warehouse policies and formats. Assists, as needed in training staff or third parties on these policies and forms;
- In charge of receiving all supplies regardless of whether it was procured or delivered from field locations
- Maintain the inventory and prepare the reports on a daily basis;
- All other activities to ensure the smooth warehouse operation;
- Prepare a report of monthly stocks, end of grant stocks, fiscal year physical counts and other physical counts, as instructed by the supervisor.
- Display bin cards on each item in the warehouse;
- Maintain physical and electronic copies of the inventory, as per formats and forms provided;
- Generate the commodities movement waybills.
- Updates inventory records on all the receipts/issues of inventory items from MC warehouse.
- General management of agency vehicles in Kampala.
- Ensure that all vehicles are safe and road-worthy.
- Ensure that all vehicles have proper on-board vehicle documentation.
- Maintain administrative vehicle files for each vehicle.
- Responsible for preparing transport-schedules and ensuring SWAP arrangements between Field Locations are completed, coordinated and communicated in a timely manner;
- Continuous tracking of vehicle log-sheets; responsible for monthly compilation and submission of log sheets.
- Schedule vehicle use to meet programmatic and operational needs.
- Oversee and ensure proper use of the vehicles.
- Prepare fuel consumption reports
- Ensure cleanliness of vehicles.
- Organize regular service schedules for vehicles. Maintain vehicle maintenance files.
- Ensure all vehicle repairs are done in a timely manner.
- Track vehicle expenses in accordance with the respective procurement policy.
- File Monthly Vehicle Consumables reports for each vehicle separately.
- Manage drivers’ leave schedules ensuring smooth operation of the fleet.
- Coordinate with Human Resources to ensure proper tracking of drivers HR files.
- Ensure drivers are licensed and trained.
- Participate in hiring and disciplinary measures for drivers.
- Ensure security measures for vehicles such as parking, storage of keys, emergency supplies, etc.
- Ensure that security incident reports are completed and filed (if related to vehicles).
- Ensure that accident reports are completed and filed.
- Work with drivers on the day to day basis on movement plans, fueling, tyre status and service requests per KM reading of service mileage.
- Raise purchase request for fuel and manage the fuel consumption through the vehicle log consumables sheet, working with gas stations and processing payments. In the same line ensure vehicles are fueled in the presence of Logistics officer or designated staff.
- Prepare weekly movement plans, coordinate with program team to submit these weekly, integrate and share with the team
- Other duties as assigned
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- A Degree in Logistics and Procurement Management is desired
- 3+ years’ experience in logistics with strong organizational skills
- Ability to maintain a logistics filing system,
- Ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel
- Adaptability to unanticipated circumstances,
- Microsoft Office computer skills and experience with using email.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Proven ability to solve problems independently without supervision
- Proven track record of highest personal integrity
How To Apply For Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2020:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send your application and complete Curriculum Vitae
Deadline: 11th November 2020