Job Title: Agriculture Assistants – Raising The Village Jobs 2020
Organization: Raising The Village
Duty Station: Field Office (Kagadi, Kyenjojo, Rubanda, Mitooma, Kibaale, Luuka, Kaliro, Abim and Napak and districts).
Raising The Village Profile:
Reporting to the Agriculture Officer/Project Manager, Raising The Village (RTV) Agriculture Assistant works to implement RTV methodologies throughout the implementation of the Ready To Eat initiative within RTV Partner villages and other mapped out districts facing a problem of food shortage. This Ready To Eat Initiative will focus on setting up projects which are agriculture-based within these communities focusing on the production of seedlings which will later be transplanted to households and Ready to Eat in 3-4 weeks. They will work in collaboration with various stakeholders, including government officials and community members to translate the project to provide a single meal per day for all partner households.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Monitor project expenditures and budgets;
• Develop Manage and implement work plans
• To mobilize benefiting communities for the RTE project and also to secure land for setting up the project.
• To coordinate all RTE activities within the allocated districts.
• Responsible for making setting weekly targets and completing reports as required
• Coordinate and co-facilitate training activities being conducted within each village and ensuring maximum participation and coordination from the households
• Responsible to implement RTV’s project methodologies with the purpose of ensuring stable food supply from distributed crops
• Responsible to verify goods/inputs prior to distribution;
• Conduct project follow-up and provide support and guidance to community groups and individual households to ensure project compliance and continuation;
• Identify potential risks and issues and provide mitigation measures and recommendations for improvements;
• Conduct regular meetings with leadership and community members on performance, participation, and perceptions of the RTE project
Reporting and Administration
• Complete administrative reporting on a weekly basis and provide support with information sharing for donor reporting and activity performance tracking.
• Attend and participate in weekly project meetings to highlight issues and success and outline next steps;
• Complete weekly financial request, submissions and accountabilities to the District Lead;
• Take photographs and share for data repository;
Monitoring and Evaluation:
• Support the Planning and Evaluation team in data collection, reporting and analysis;
• Providing feedback and recommendations to the District Lead, and the implementation team to improve RTE processes and way of work;
• Provide suggestions to management on potential activities that need to be redone, reviewed or introduced to ensure the sustainability of RTE project in providing a meal at household per day.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- A diploma in Agriculture and animal husbandry, horticulture, crop management, sustainable agriculture, farm mechanization, Agronomy or related field of study with knowledge in community development.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience
- Understanding of Agricultural Zoning, Soil Science and Local context of project areas;
- Must know how to ride a motorcycle.
How To Apply For Raising The Village Jobs 2020:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send your application and complete Curriculum Vitae
Deadline: 18 November 2020.